Whole House Fan

@agnes.zooz - see above regarding DC Motor Mode request for the ZEN17 - is this on Zooz's end of HE's?

1 Like

Can you clarify what the request is? I've read through the thread and it looks like the setting is there (it displays) and it gives you an option to enable it which then works as expected if you'd like the relays to work in this mode (in almost any other use case you don't want the setting enabled so it's disabled by default). Let me know if I missed anything!

Doesn't the zen17 require 12-24v DC power or a plugged in USB C? Don't know about you guys, but I don't have outlets nearby to do that.

Is there anything wrong with using the zen52? Seems simpler and smaller.

Does anyone know how much load is used on the speed wires? Looking at the stealth pro instructions, there's a hot line always hooked up to the fan, so I'm hoping there's no real load coming from the speed wires.

I don't think that product was available at the time of the original post.

You may be able to use it, as long as you stay within the guidelines of amperage and so on. According to Zooz, " 1/4 hp for fans and motors" is the limit of the Zen52, I am not certain a whole-house fan would fall in those parameters? Zooz 700 Series Z-Wave Long Range Double Relay ZEN52 LR - The Smartest House