Whole Home Audio

I have had a lync HTD system for 8 years.
The system is solid! I have programmed zone control into a UD ISY994 as my house had Insteon switches and dimmers when I purchased it from the previous owner.

We recently purchased as second home and are in the process of up fitting it. It already has Lurton shades and ra2 switches. So I am exploring HA for this home.

Here is the documents for serial control of the HTD lync: Lync_Serial_Protocol.pdf - Google Drive

I have found some other “plug ins” for other systems like Vera. There is also the GIT for a HTD2MQTT

Is this something that could easily be ported to a HA driver?

@erikgun or others - I will semi-hijack this thread to ask, does anyone think it might be possible to use Hubitat to tie an audio doorbell unit to the HTD Lync (audio/intercom) system? (I have only cat5e to the doorbell location.) If it's not possible to use the intercom for the door, it's okay - using the controllers to emit a door chime would be fine!
Thanks.
Casey

If you have a traditional doorbell, (analog, transformer, AC low voltage, 'ding dong' - 1970 style) you can add a Sage Zigbee doorbell sensor, and now you have a digital input into HE. From that do whatever automations you want.... I think those are about $8 on ebay, or PM me, I've got 90 of them (long auction win story)

I have the wire only, at this point. I'm thinking I'd look for a doorbell with a speaker to put outside, if there might be some way to tie it in to the intercom. Otherwise, I'd look for just an old school doorbell and hope to tie that in to Hubitat and from there to the audio/intercom. Very soon it will be too late to run any more cables, so I need to figure out if I need to put in a chime somewhere!

I have the Lync 12 v3 system with their doorbell system (DI-21) which includes intercom.

Also they have their ADS version of the amp (I have it as well and it's awesome ).
You can use existing cat5 cable and put a button on one of the pairs at the door and and a RPi gpio on the other and play audio on the RPi audio out to override RCA on the ADS amp.

I'm in the early stage of integrating it in to my home automation including Hubitat. I have the GW-SL1 Smart Gateway which is basically SerialToLAN.

As of now, I can send control command using a script and I'm starting to work on API that will reside on RPi that will replace the GW-SL1 and my plan is to make it transparent so that my Lync 12 phone app is still functional.

So. you can defiantly integrate it.

1 Like