Who do you want to call

You need the windows version, the disk img file is for mac...

1 Like

Oh and when working with the list, do not confuse the hex number with dec... :slight_smile:

1 Like

There are different versions. Version 4 has an exe file. Still have not succeeded in getting utility. Will try again tonight.

But I am thinking of completely changing direction. Thinking of removing several rooms from my Hubitat and moving them to my other controller.

Download link

That is exactly what I used. But I got the Img file. Maybe because of Parallels?

According to that link, they provide an iso file for windows installation. Iso is a type of image file that needs to be mounted like a cd-rom or hard drive.

The Mac installer is a dmg file, which is the type of image file that macOS typically uses to install a new app.

1 Like

did you browse from safari (mac side) or did you browse to the website from inside windows? If from within windows as @marktheknife says it should be an iso not a dmg,. If iso, simply right click on it then click mount. It will then mount as a drive. (All this has to take place within windows. Also make sure you are sharing a usb port on passthrough with windows so windows sees the z-wave stick)

Punt

Thanks guys but I am not going to proceed here.

I am going to now try to get my second Hubitat going and slowly transfer my devices to it.

If you have any failed pairings, remember to check for ghosts and remove them before proceeding any further.

I am going with 2 Hubs. One is haunted and the other is new. I will delete the devices in a haunted device room and then add them to a new device.How can a ghost transfer to a new hub?

If during the process of adding a new device to the new hub, it does not pair correctly or completely, the failed pairing could produce a ghost. You saw this from your failed pairings on the original hub. So you should always check for ghosts if you have any issues with adding devices to the hub.

2 Likes

This is key, :point_up:.

You have to banish each ghost at the time of failed pairing, if one is created. That process is manageable.

Once your hub is riddled with ghost devices, it becomes much harder to fix, as youโ€™ve already seen.

2 Likes

And don't use that "force remove" option! That will remove the device from the hub's database but not from the radio's database. And that will create a ghost.

2 Likes

Also, I suggest you do a Z-wave exclusion on any device before you try to add it to the new hub using Z-wave inclusion. This resets the device and allows it to join the new hub. You can keep a copy of the logs open in a separate window when you do the exclusion and if it excludes properly the logs should show something like "unknown device excluded".

You will then have a better chance to properly pair the device using Z-wave inclusion.

2 Likes

OK
Just put a Zooz Zen34 on as only device of new Hub. Used Smart Start and had device near Hub. Held down paddle to active - success "S2".

Now go check for ghosts :slight_smile: And make sure you're following the best practices outlined in the documentation for building out your zwave network.

Also please read this if you haven't Are you new to home automation or Hubitat or coming from a different platform such as SmartThings, Vera, or Wink? This may help!

At that point why didn't you just reset your z-wave radio and re pair everything?

I am slow and deliberate.

Will probably take me a few weeks.

I have a few which take going up a ladder to reset relay and I donโ€™t go up ladders.

Slowly but surely, step by step, inch by inch.

2 Likes

https://gfycat.com/familiarlavishkoi

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.