Which Ikea products pair directly and work with HE?

I saw a post that the Ikea smart plugs will pair directly and act as Zigbee repeaters. What other Ikea products will pair with, and work well with HE?

Any of the bulbs will as will the power outlets and repeaters. I've seen some people say the motion sensors pair correctly, but I've never validated that. The remotes and dimmers, AFAIK, do not pair and are not supported.

As for working "well", that's subjective and entirely dependent on your local setup.

Pair and work well? I'd say the outlet and the USB charger/signal repeater. For pairing and working, you can sort of add the bulbs to that list, but they likely suffer the well known Zigbee bulb routing problem so I wouldn't do it unless all you have on your Zigbee network are bulbs. The color bulbs also have some issues (yellowish "green," for example, and I'm not sure if Hubitat can manipulate color temperature on them), and the color temperature bulbs can only do three temperatures, not shades in between. And the white bulbs aren't really that cheap compared to other options, though they might actually support all features. :slight_smile:

I've read that the motion sensors won't pair, but I also can't verify that either way. I couldn't get the button that comes with the outlets to pair, either. The five-button bulb remote definitely won't pair, but you could pair it directly with a bulb (likely the same with the sensor). The single, hockey-puck-looking button will pair but doesn't work with any current driver, and in my attempts to write one, doesn't seem to send sensible data when used, so I'd mostly consider that a no-go too.

So, more or less what he said above. Just thought I'd add my experience with some of them. :slight_smile: (I'd suggest avoiding most but the first two. Even then, I'm not sure how strong the repeater signal is...)

2 Likes

Ikea zigbee products are definitely a get what you pay for product.
So far they appear to implement the bare minimum of commands and attributes to reach zigbee compliance, this is particularly evident in the color bulbs which do not directly accept hue, saturation or color temperature commands (they only support xy color space coordinates), additionally even using the xy color space they can't render anything like true green.
The xy issue is the reason they aren't currently supported natively in Hubitat. We will support xy conversion internally at some point, just not a high priority right now.

@mike.maxwell would you say their zigbee range extenders are any good? I am looking at theirs or the ST outlet or something similar to strengthen my mesh.

I just bought 5 of the outlets to put around the property to make sure I have a basis for a solid and reliable mesh. I hope these work. I was able to pair them just fine.

For those trying to pair, put the HE in pairing mode, plug in the outlet, and use a paperclip to hold down the button in the hole near the light on the outlet until the light goes out briefly. Then it will be discovered by the HE.

2 Likes

The outlets and repeaters seem to work very well, from what I can tell. I own both.

I am very anti smart bulb, so no comment there.

1 Like

@signal15

To reiterate what @JasonJoel said -
While I own just the outlets, they seem to work very well. My zigbee devices would periodically (at least once a week for somethings) fall off the network, but have not done so since I added 4 Tradfri outlets and 3 Securifi Peanut outlets.

1 Like

I bought 10 GUI10 bulbs and paired them to my Hue bridge. After 3 months. 2 bulbs failed already. I have tons of Hue bulbs and all still working great for years now but they are so darn expensive.

I have 14 GU-10 Ikea bulbs also connected to my Hue bridge. None have gone out, but I did have to return 2 of them back to Ikea for replacements as they were bad out of the box. Fortunately, they are so cheap that I decided to keep 4 extra ones on hand just in case any of them go out.

I currently have these discovered:
TRADFRI bulb E27 WS�opal 980lm works but think it is a color bulb, it's only 3 different white
TRADFRI bulb E14 W op/ch 400lm works ok
TRADFRI control outlet works ok
TRADFRI on/off switch no events, reg. as a device from logs: Switch2, parse description: catchall: 0000 0006 00 00 0040 00 4FB5 00 00 0000 00 00 02FDFF040101190000

In the UK we have Tradfri E27 1000lm bulb that I cannot get to pair. I have tried everything I can find online.

I have a hue hub so I’ll likely use that

Perhaps we should ask @Cobra to see if TRADFRI on/off switch can be used with HE :mask:

@Ultrasmart.pl Mike Maxwell has stated that the on/off button does not follow Zigbee standards and is not worth working to support. I can confirm that the switch does pair, but there is no Zigbee output in HE.

1 Like

Yeah once you mentioned Mike I can now remember him saying that. A pitty it won't work. It's a nice little switch.

1 Like

I agree. It is small and has an on/off which most small switches/buttons don't have.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.