Where to start and problems discovering devices

So I finally got my HE but I am a little confused as the documentation is very poor and really does not give any guidance. I registered the device but now it has been stuck in Device Discovery for about 20 mins... is this normal?

Things it should find are about 6 hue lights, 6 seglend lights, then I also have bunch of echo dots and 1 yeelight light strip.

Just add onto this as well there was the AU Z-wave usb dongle that came with it, but what do I do?? It says nothing so I am assuming just stick in the USB port and good to go? Do I have to disable to US Z-Wave first?

Do you have two sticks like I do (UK here). If so, one goes directly in the hub, the other in the USB extension cable.

Yeah that is what I have done.
I got the Hue lights working with the app, but I see people talking about drivers for Sengled lights. Am I blind or where are all these drivers kept?

1 Like

I don't know much about those lights, but have you tried the Generic Zigbee Bulb driver?
This may also be of some help.

That's ok, thanks for trying.

So yeah I did try that but nothing happens, I am not sure what to put for device network id as it's hub with 4 bulbs linked to it (sort of like hue bridge)

1 Like

Where do you have those Sengled paired? You must unpair them then pair with HE, or reset them first then to pair with HE.

I don’t have sengled bulbs but others seem to be using them just fine with the generic zigbee bulb driver.

In the device settings page, have you confirmed that the correct driver was assigned to the device? Sometimes when pairing it just gets assigned a “device” driver, which won’t do anything. You can change it to the correct driver though. Then make sure you hit the “configure” button so that the correct settings are sent to the device and it should work.

You don’t set device network IDs for zigbee and z-wave devices, they are set by the hub when the devices pair.

If you want to link an amazon echo device to hubitat, you have to install the amazon Alexa skill from the amazon Alexa app.

The pair devices function is only for zigbee and z-wave devices.

Edit: actually I’m not sure of the status of the amazon echo integration for users outside of the US, since you mentioned you’re in Australia.

Got i! Thanks for that!
I was thinking had to reset on the sengled hub which is where I was going wrong.