When {any} switch is on for 60 minutes, turn it off

After you created you're condition, did you hit done with conditional action?

yes, trying to move on to selection actions to run, then conditional actions

Screen shot up above, Not sure where to go from here

I can't figure out the expression correclty

Hit cancel insert token

getting hung up here

Ok, you used a simple conditional action instead off if then. I'd delete the 2 actions, then select conditional actions and if then.

I do not know where to go from here following your screen shot

1 Like

I think this is next

Hit done with conditional actions

So I should be here

Yes, go back into actions, and add switch off delayed

I think i got it

1 Like

Looks good

thank you ! was struggling on the logic, I am ok on boolen, but was not sure how to do that in the gui

thanks for guiding me thru it, just changed it to 10 seconds to test Works great.

Trying figure out if I want to do the same with the fan, or get more tricky with it. such as if Light comes on for X amount of time, turn the fan on.... LOL

can you explain some of this to me ?

how does the cancelable work ? If someone manually turns the switch back off the delay is cancled ?

Sorry for the dumb questions, I just like to fully understand the logic when looking at it

That is correct, cancellable means you can stop the action from happening.

There are two ways of doing delays, the type you did and there is a stand alone delay, the type you did will move to the next line of code and do the delayed action in parallel. The stand alone delay pauses the code right there until the delay is done.

1 Like

Awesome, thank you for all the help !!

I just copied the rule for now and did the same for the fan switch in the same bathroom :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.