When an if-then-else in RM?

Hi, very recent HE user migrating from ST. I'm missing a way to use if-then-else complex syntax in RM. Is there a way to do it? Thanks.

1 Like

IF = the rule
THEN = on actions
ELSE = off actions

Doesn't work for everything, but at its heart that is exactly what an RM rule is...

Actually,

IF = the rule
THEN = Actions for true
ELSE = Actions for false

2 Likes

Oops. That's what I meant. :smile:

Thanks for correcting that little goof.

Yeah, I saw that, but in some cases is not always so easy. I'll have to experiment a little bit more.
Thank you.

Is there a way to test RM logic?

If Condition A
{
If Condition B
{
True actions
}
Else
{
False actions
}
}
Else
{
False actions
}

If you want to have actions only on A, then other actions only on A and B, then it needs to be separate rules. They are different truth conditions and different actions.

What are you trying to do?

What are you trying to do?

Something like this??????

I am used to webcore and I feel so confused in RM.

I was trying to ask if I could create nested if statements. So my auto correct swapped test for nest.

Gotcha. Yeah RM doesn't nest, but you can accomplish the same thing by creating multiple rules.

Yeah, it's the same for me, I'm used to webcore, and what I was expecting is an ElseIf statement.
Are there any plans to implement that in RM in the near future.

1 Like

I was the same. 'Why can't I do everything I can in webCoRE'.
After a bit of playing /research I can.
As @destructure00 has said, I may need 2 maybe 3 rules to accomplish the same result but I can replicate them.
Having 50 rules instead of 30 pistons doesn't matter. Rules are free!!! :wink:
I'm sure after a bit of experimenting you'll get there. :smile:

3 Likes

That's the way I'm doing it, just asking, but to be honest, elseif will make our lives a little bit easier...:grinning:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.