What's the current best way to control IR and RF devices from hubitat?

I need to control TV, Aircon, and Ceiling fans from Hubitat.

What's the current best way to do it? What RF/IR controller hardware to use with hubitat? Still broadlink?

Im looking for a straight forward way w/o needing NodeRed and other dependencies.

If you need both 315/433 RF and IR, the Broadlink RM4 Pro is a good deal.

I shared a Hubitat integration for it that doesn't require any external dependencies: Broadlink IR/RF remotes integration (RM3 Mini, RM Pro, RM4 Mini/Pro)

I have heard some people say that their ceiling fans use different frequencies which may require something like the Bond hub to support, so be sure you check that first to ensure compatibility.

3 Likes

Oh cool, thanks man. I dont have any 315 devices, all are 433 so i guess RM4 mini is fine for me right?

Also, does it work with any Broadlink device from any manufacturer/driver? I read somewhere that there's a certain broadlink device to avoid as it doesnt work with integrations

Obviously I can't guarantee anything, but I know multiple people have used RM3 Mini, RM Pro, Pro Plus, RM4 Mini, RM4 Pro, and possibly others. I use RM3 Minis and an RM4 Pro in my house.

If you find something that says a device doesn't work with other integrations, then I'd assume it may also not work with mine. Let me know if you find anything specific to that effect and I'll take a look and try to advise.

1 Like

RM4 mini is just for IR devices. The RM4 Pro is what you want and @tomw 's driver is a perfect companion. I use it for our 433MHz RF ceiling fan and it has never failed or faltered after power outages. Super fast and reliable hardware and an excellent driver!

3 Likes

this is where i read it, about bestcon versions..

I see some evidence online that RM4C devices may be supported for local-only access, so it is possible that comment is out-of-date.

I haven't tested this though, so if you can buy a supported device (such as RM3 Mini, RM Pro, RM Pro+, RM4 Mini, RM4 Pro), then I would. But definitely give it a try if you already have any of the devices referred to by that comment and report back on whether it works .

Let's take any further discussion back to my Broadlink thread: Broadlink IR/RF remotes integration (RM3 Mini, RM Pro, RM4 Mini/Pro)

1 Like