What's the cheapest wifi speakers that works with hubitat?

I just need audible alerts based on events at home such as movement in certain areas, door alert, etc. I currently use amazon echo to do this but I would like to switch to just a speaker because amazon echo relies on wifi, has noticable lag, and has too much going on when i just need a speaker.

Maybe an Ikea Symfonik Sonos is in your budget at $110...

3 Likes

If you're satisfied with alert tones (as opposed to voice alerts), would this work for you?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M1NLPKZ

Only $25. Works with Hubitat locally.

I feel like I his thread may become important with Heroku screwing up the Echo Speaks integration in the near future. I loathe the thought of throwing away all those echo speakers.

1 Like

I have two Sonos and love the quallity of the audio. I also have a few Alexa devices which are okay. And I have several Google Mini speaker which were terribly cheap at Lowe's a couple years back. All of these are 100%, except the Amazon will sometimes miss a beat for some reason. I think the Google Mini is the cheapest entry level speaker.

3 Likes

Thanks but i need audible alerts "Garage door open" "laundry room motion detected" and similar

Then an IKEA Symfonisk speaker is likely to be your cheapest alternative. They are Sonos compatible.

There’s also this fully local TTS integration from @jtmpush18 and @erktrek. It will work with any speaker connected directly to an RPi (or platform of your choice). It could even be a BT speaker.

1 Like

Great suggestions, but isn't the google nest mini the cheapest?

Off I go on another adventure...Fully Local TTS

1 Like

Android box plus any speaker, approx 35 quid.

Search my posts, works perfect.

Cheapeast are amazon alexas. Older models can be gotten for 10 bucks.

1 Like

mimic-3