What switch do you suggest?

Hallo to all,
I buyed HE from 1 month and i wish to buy some switch to joint with my new hub. Until now i used some wi-fi switch with Tuya, but now i want be more serious… please can you help me for the choice
Thanks in advance

I think it will be very helpful if we know what region/country you are in. From browsing this forum the availability of brands is different in each country, also Zigbee Z-Wave devices use different frequencies based on the region as well.

1 Like

I think you mean “Z-wave” devices use different frequencies based on geographic regions. :wink:

Zigbee is the same around the globe for typical home automation devices.

2 Likes

The terrible answer is "the switch that works best for your use-case and environment/region".

Here in the US I've used Zooz, Inovelli and newer model GE/Jasco Z-Wave+ switches. For me these all have been working great. If you search the forums some others have not had as much luck as I have so while I recommend them, others might not.

There are a bunch of factors involved including where the switches will live (metal boxes can be problematic), power requirements and type of load (zooz has a lower max limit for example and is not recommended for fans), what is the strength of your mesh - even the "best" switches will be unreliable in the face of a poor mesh, are you going to use the switch(es) in a 3-way/4-way setup etc.

Don't discount the in box options such as Sonoff mini. That way you can keep your existing switch. Usually a lot less expensive as well

1 Like

100% - they work well and are nice and hidden. In the past I used Aeotec and Fibaro relays but ended up going with proper smart switches as they are a lot easier to install and don't crowd the box as much. Plus had I had issues with the dual relays being slow. Again everyone's experience is different.

I admit to being a little wary of the the ultra cheap stuff from China. I do have some Sonoff motion sensors that work well OTOH I had some RGBW bulbs die on me within months of operation. You do tend to get what you pay for.. For Zigbee I now look for Zigbee3 devices. For Z-Wave - either 500 (S2 capable) or 700 series.

1 Like

Thanks for so much answer so soon…
I’m Italian and live in Italy

1 Like

I need 1 or 2 gang

Using in wall relays can be a very economical choice (especially if you get the dual relay - it can be less than the cost of 2 switches).
I've used a number of these in wall relays, and here in North America size is a major factor:

The newest one on the list, the one from Zooz is rapidly becoming my favourite because it's so small, and because it's inexpensive.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.