What seems to be the issue?

Bit of a Hubitat noob (3 days in).
Looking at the where it say's "Time between Sunset-60 minutes and 10:30 PM EST(F)"
It should say True??? it's between those times...Where am I going wrong?

If you just set up the rule and have no other pending rules for that time, I think you have to wait until that time comes around again for it show correctly. Don't put any weight in that until it doesn't work for a day. Also, try going back into the rule and clicking update rule and then done. I remember reading in the forum that it can take some time to establish those events.

What are you trying to do? I might actually see a different problem with your rule. but I don't want to assume.

1 Like

Here's an example of my rule. My concern is that you don't have your time to be a trigger, but I feel like you based it on illuminance.

1 Like

Go to Settings > Location and Modes and make sure all looks correct: your time zone, your location, the hub's current date and time, and the calculated sunrise/sunset values (which it will redo every day, I think just after midnight). If you've recently loaded that page in Rule Machine, you should indeed see "T" next to that condition instead of "F" if RM thinks it is true (but it won't dynamically update; the page would need to be refreshed if that changed).

That being said, you should also be aware that this rule is likely to fire more than you think: your trigger will match any time your lux sensors reads 5 or less, not just the first time. Therefore, I'd make sure you're OK with that scene getting (possibly) continually reactivated throughout the evening, or you can employ some method to make it only run once per day (the built-in Private Boolean is one way--I can expand if this is an issue). To be polite, you should also add an END-IF to the end of your rule (though it doesn't matter here; RM will infer one for you...and you'll need more than this if you go the PB route). It might also fire less than you think: if it's after sunrise-60 but the lux sensor already went to or below 5 and doesn't change until you're outside that timeframe, nothing will happen. Again, nothing you can't make some small changes to accommodate if that is an issue.

3 Likes

Thanks for everyone's quick reply's... Does this look a little better?

Still can't figure out why that between time is still false

Did you check this out?

1 Like

Went in and updated time, that seemed to work :slight_smile: thanks again everyone

1 Like

Here is something you might be interested in...

Awesome! Do I need to do anything to the driver to get it working?

Just fill in the preferences I think.

Clarification: Add as a virtual device, set to the custom driver then fill in the preferences..

:grin:

Learning so much!!! Such quick replies :slight_smile:

what did you use for a ntp server port?

That is incorrect. Conditions are evaluated at any point. They do not have to wait for the next day to be evaluated correctly.

I just created this conditional statement and the time is between the two times specified.

Why do you need the evaluation of the time range? You are triggering the rule at sunset-60, so the time of the rule triggering will ALWAYS be between sunset-60 and 10:30pm. There is no need for that condition.

Also, what happens if the luminescence isn't low enough at sunset-60? The scene will never be activated.