What is the process for adding natively supported devices?

I have been playing around with a handler for a Smartenit ZBMLC30 (Model #4040) with some success, but still have a little work to do. I contacted Smartenit technical support to see if by chance they had a device specific handler. While they don't have one for the Hubitat ecosystem, the representative indicated that he's open to working with me to get this supported. Being a Zigbee certified device, there shouldn't be any surprises in developing a handler. Is there anything I can do, or perhaps communicate with Smartenit to assist in moving this forward?

Does this mean they could have one for SmartThings?
If so, try and get it and modify for HE.
Might work ok.

Yes, there is one for SmartThings, and of course it is fully supported by their own hubs as well. I have been working to modify the ST handler and app, and am still plugging away at this but have not yet been completely successful. Part of my problem is that I either have not found the right location, or the language isn't yet fully documented for Hubitat specific differences. As a result, I'm sifting through various device handlers, reading what I can find and trying to put together the necessary modifications. I'm confident that I'll eventually get there, but it is nice to have native support for a product.

When you try to save it in HE post the line which it doesn't like

Like this

When I save the handler and the app, neither have errors. What doesn't occur is the creation of the child devices, and the energy/power reporting doesn't seem to work quite right (which I really am not concerned with). As a result, I only have access to one of the two relays in rules by way of the parent device. There are also no detrimental log entries. The only one that really caught my eye was an unable to parse...catchall, but this doesn't prevent me from controlling the two relays individually on the device screen. I think I've successfully modified it to work here. I did go through the thread on porting over code from SmartThings and removed things such as the simulator data and buttons for the ST app. There were also a few other changes in accordance with the thread. Even with these changes, there has been no change in behaviour.

I had not included the code here, because I previously posted a link in another thread looking for assistance in transitioning to HE. This post was more directed toward the Hubitat process/procedure for how devices get selected for inclusion to a future firmware update.

The other thread however, is here...

Please reach out directly to @mike.maxwell and @bcopeland from Hubitat. If Smartenit is willing to work with you, then they'd probably be willing to work directly with the Hubitat engineers who write the native integrations. Smartenit will most likely need to send Hubitat one of these devices so any integration can be debugged and tested.

4 Likes

This WiKi post is very useful when trying to port a DTH from ST to a Hubitat Driver.

2 Likes

Thanks for replying. This is one of the resources I looked through and used to make some of the changes. I'll look through it again in the event I missed something.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.