What is the intended role for "Stop Repeating Actions"

I have used a conditional "Stop repeating actions" for the first clause of a stoppable loop. Should it stop all the remaining actions within the loop, or merely prevent it running round again, like While or Until?

Upon experimenting the loop always runs once through even if use Run Actions with the Intruder Alarms switch off before I begin. Is this intended? If so I might as well stick with While (or safer still stick the whole lot in an If block)

This does what I wanted, but I'd like to know whether I have found a bug or it's just my misunderstanding

That's the way it's supposed to work. After the rule hits a "stop repeat" action, it continues to run through the current action block until it's returned back to the start of the repeat. Your modification with the ELSE block works as you intend sincethe rule returns back to the beginning of the repeat right after running the "end repeat" action. The docs don't explicitly say this, but the example provided it pretty much exactly what you're doing. You could also change that repeat section to a "repeat while" loop.

https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=Rule-5.1#Repeat

So basically stopping repeated actions works identically to a while loop, except that it can be tested further on like an until? Or have I missed some difference? See I found some threads going back to 2021 where people seemed to be having a similar conundrum and were told it was a bug and it got fixed at the time. I was hoping it was meant to be Break, and then could test again at loop condition with a While.