What is the Device/Driver For Mono Price Recessed Sensor?

I am able to Include it, but it comes up as a "Device"... Is that correct?

The recessed Door/Window sensor? It should use the generic Z-wave contact sensor, just like it says on the supported devices page:

You would think it would get included that way... It originally came up as "Device". So I changed it to "generic Z-wave contact sensor". The only thing I am seeing for the device is the battery % not open or closed. I selected configure etc after pairing, right now running Z-wave repair. Hopefully, that does it.

Did you hit configure after saving?

1 Like

Yes, Z-Wave Repair isn't seeing the node right now. I imagine that is because it is asleep...

Getting ready to go into the back yard and swing the preverbal chickens overhead while chanting the proper sequence of bad words.... Unless you have a better idea :crazy_face:

My guess is the device went to sleep before you could send the Configure command to it. Perhaps try removing the battery, reinserting it and immediately click CONFIGURE a few times to try to catch the device while it is receptive to commands. Just a guess... :wink:

1 Like

Thanks Everyone! Apparently, chickens and bad words win the day :smiley:

Actually, I read the instructions and that meant moving the hub as close to the gate as possible. Unfortunately, that's not what I should have done.

So I brought the sensor to the hub and excluded it. I then put the hub into inclusion mode and moved the sensor within 3' of the closest Z-wave device near the final installation point. The sensor paired and then I hit save and then configure before the device went to sleep. Everything seems to be happy now...

I think swinging chickens and chanting bad words was much easier... And the neighbors appeared to enjoy the show too! :crazy_face:

2 Likes

I'm having a difficult time with Monoprice 24259 which should be quite similarโ€ฆ I can include it using the method mentioned (within 3 feet of nearest repeater), but (even after configure) it never reports anything other than battery. At what point in the installation did you change the driver type, if any?

Once it is paired, you can change the driver IF it didn't detect the proper one. It likely should be the Generic Zwave Contact Sensor.

What device type (driver) does it show if you go to Devices tab, and select this device?

On initial pairing (both 24259 and 15270) shows as a Device. Secure mode paired, but nothing further... I tried again in insecure mode, changed the driver to Generic Zwave Contact Sensor, hit configure while the devices' LED, and that appeared to do the trick. I may have had to hold the Z-wave button for 5 seconds as well.

For reference, both 15270 and 24259 are reporting battery, tamper, and switch.

Do you remember what you did to get these monoprice recessed sensors to pair insecure? I know there is a way, but it's not in the manual, and google isn't helping. Thanks in advance for any help.

How did you guys get it to show up when trying to add new devices I cannot get it show up. Worked in my Smartthings but hubitat nope

Same here. They join nicely to my old C3, but my C7 doesn't see them

I threw it away. I couldn't get it to function properly. I got it to show up, exclusion right next to the hub and then inclusion next to the hub and it worked properly. Once I put it in the hole I drilled it didn't function.