What is the best tiny WiFi switch to hide behind a mirror

I used to have one of these

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07QQKNLYQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Connected to IFTTT to turn my mirror heater on/off when the light was on more than 5 mins. It doesn't work with Hubitat - any suggestions for an alternative Hubitat one ?

TIA

Hubitat has an IFTTT integration. So your old relay should still work with Hubitat. If you want to move away from IFTTT, then a Shelly 1 would be a suitable WiFi-replacement that works directly with Hubitat.

There are also z-wave and zigbee relays that work directly with Hubitat.

Thanks for the quick reply. I want to be completly Hibutat so have ordered a Shelly 1 ... and a z-wave relay just in case :slight_smile: Thanks

1 Like

I ordered a couple of z-wave options

£37

and a Shelly1 for £19.

The Z-wave ones arrived first and both worked, but I couldn't see any reason to go for the more expensive option so I installed the £37 zwave option. HE 'found' it straight away and it slipped into my devices list with ease.

I have just received the Shelly1 and as it is WiFi it isn't found by HE but I need to install into the ShellyCloud and then integrate into this. All sounds a bit of extra work and not really as clean as I was wanting. The zwave options appear to be better .... are they ?

The zwave is twice the price ... but for the sake of £18 I don't mind as it was easy as pie and I only need a couple of them ...

... is there any benefit in the Shelly1 / WiFi option ?

And am I installing the Shelly correctly - or should that be simply 'found' like the z-wave devices ?

Thanks

HE won't find the Shelly automatically. Goto Devices and then click Add Virtual Devices. Give device a name and choose TYPE as "Shelly Wifi Switch" and hit save. The Device Edit for the switch will change and you will be able to enter the IP address for the switch. It makes a parent/child relationship.

1 Like

I prefer z-wave/zigbee devices, but have only heard good things about the Shelly relays. And as @stephen_nutt points out, Hubitat can access them directly on the local network without any need for the Shelly cloud.

I bought 2 just to try them out and have been happy with how they have worked once I figured out the wiring scheme. They are definitely quick to respond. I have since bought & installed 2 more of the PM versions.