What is a decent motion detector these days?

I got a couple of the iris motion sensor. Works awesome and I really like the temperature/motion combo. I'd like to get a few more, but they can't be found on eBay anymore.

Any recommendations for a good replacement? I want it to be small, white and have temperature and motion. Flexible on Zigbee vs zwave. Any recommendations?

Purpose is for in room motion light automation as well as temperature monitoring. I place them in top of the door frame of each room, seems to be a great location as just a step in the room and the sensor fires. Also very unobtrusive.

Cool! I'll order a couple. The price is right from Costco!
No bridge required? Just connects directly to hubitat?

I'll order a couple. Thanks!

1 Like

ditto.

I have Ecolink, Fibaro, and Aeotec as well. The Hue are the fastest and most consistent to respond.

thanks, but i was able to get in touch with someone who also has an account and they were able to help me out

1 Like

I like my Xiaomis but appreciate some people struggle to keep them connected. I'm also quite happy with my Sonoff Zigbee v3.0 ones, although they are quite ugly. But for the money, difficult to fault. Small, reliable, cheap.

I've been very happy with the Samsung Smartthings motion sensor with magnetic mount. However, it is no longer available anywhere in the world AFAIK. I did actually track it to the OEM but still can't find it. Felt I'd try a recommended sensor - the Philips Hue Motion sensor. Got a 2 pack from Costco - very snappy, installed flawless with it's own specific driver (as opposed to Generic Zigbee Motion) and fixed my delayed rules which trigger from a Zooz 4-1. It was nearly 2x the cost at 59/2ct vs the 17 I paid per unit for the samsung but it is what it is.

I just got this in my email, a Zooz multi

I got the phillips hue sensors setup. works really well.

Those Hue sensors are just giant compared to what I'm used to (Iris). I wish someone would pick up that form-factor and run w/it again. Motion and temp in an easy-to-hide size, perfectly reliable, very fast.

I thought that too when I got my first one, but they (yes, I have bought several more) are so fast, retrigger is configurable down to 10 seconds, and my first one is three years old, on the farthest place from the hub, and the batteries are still original. I have learned to appreciate it, even though it’s a behemoth compared to my Iris sensors.

They are bigger but I place them on top of the door moulding above the interior doors. Invisible to most and works really well. My mouldings are white which makes the sensor blend in. Sure the iris sensor is smaller but the Phillips one isn't too bad...

1 Like

You have not met my wife, have you? :wink:

She is why I have to hide try to hide devices... Not a fan of smart stuff... The cross I bear.

I just bought 4 v3 sensors to gain the humidity readings. Check Ebay Seller Alex_Sari, They sell a lot of Iris stuff for reasonable prices.

And yes, at least as of this morning, he had V2 motion sensors. That seller is where I got most of my Iris stuff...

Tuya ZXZPIR-02 has recently been added to the compatible devices list and is a decent detector I’m told.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.