What Have You Added to Your Setup Recently?

I’m so pleased with these. Very small and high density LED count as @aaiyar mentioned. Not messing around with a diffuser made the higher cost of these worthwhile, with excellent results and a very short install time. They use quality 3M tape, so I’m confident I will not have them falling off after a few months like I’ve experienced with other cheap LED strips.

2 Likes

They are not waterproof and the listing says indoor only. But I don’t imagine a covered porch or eaves would cause grief as @aaiyar mentioned.

3 Likes

What's the max length on these? Can you add on sections?

One reviewer said there was a noticeable difference in brightness over 5m. I used much less than 5m for my project and I wired all three strips in parallel, not series.

3 Likes

Which iRobot model are you using? Is there a built-in/community app to control it?

The J+

And yes, using this app + stuff on my RPi : [RE-RELEASE] iRobot Scheduler

1 Like

Three of my favorite recent additions:

1. Zooz zen 16 connected to a sacrificial key fob to remote start my truck either by voice command, dashboard or scheduled based on when I need to leave for work

2. My patio misting system connected via an Orbit bhyve wifi hose timer. I can turn on my bond fans and misters either via a Google routine ("hey Google, it's hot outside" turns on the fans, but "hey Google, it's f*cking hot outside" turns on the fans and the misters), my dashboard or an NFC tag on my patio

3. A rule machine rule that adjusts the volume of my speakers based on which room had the most recent motion detection so my music follows me throughout the house

2 Likes

Also just added an IotaWatt Energy monitor. Very happy with it...

4 Likes

What’s that - you have the option of using 14 clamps and are only using 5??? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I have a few extra but honestly I don't need them

1 for each leg
1 dryer
1 washer
1 water heater 1
1 water heater 2
1 HVAC unit (need to add this one)

1 Like

How big are the clamps? My electric box, like yours, is quite full, so though I’d like to have one of these, I’m not sure I could fit them in…

The 50's are really small (I use those for breakers) the ones for the legs (200's) are large but fit fine...

Sensor next to it for scale

Cool - Thanks!

1 Like

Not add, but move.

I moved a Fibaro ZW5, a Zooz ZSE29, and an Aeotec Doorbell/Siren 6 from a C-5 to a C-7 by using the Z-Wave stick and PC Controller technique to pair them to the C-7 without security. I am now down to one device on the C-5, a Schlage FE599. Once I move (or replace) that device, I can shut down the C-5 and run on the two C-7 hubs (one for Zigbee/Lutron and one for Z-Wave).

I have an Asustor NAS running Pi-hole.

Pi-hole is one of the many apps that the Asustor can install automatically. Go to the admin panel, click on "App Central", and follow your nose.

If I can do it, so can most anyone else!

Mike M

1 Like

Thanks for your reply referencing pihole. I have the pihole app for my Asustor nas but I don’t know how to use it. Do I set up in a Docker container or what. It is very confusing as there is no documentation. If you would like to send me a detailed pdf with all the instructions, that would be great. If you don’t want to, I understand.

4 pack of third reality zigbee smart plugs. So far so good. Not quite as good a router as Iris v2/v3 but for $7.50/ea I can't complain.

1 Like

I like how compact they are compared to the Ikea Tradfri ones.

They are also not as wide as the Sonoff S31 Lite ZB ones I have here.
Added bonus is they are ETL listed, unlike the Sonoff ones I have.

These just cleared customs yesterday. Will be using them in front of the house concealed in the shrubbery.... (sadly no Knights that say Ni!). These will also go towards future permanent holiday lighting when I figure that out (and get the time to do it)

1 Like

That's interesting... Apart from a Monty Python reference from an American (yes I know they had at least one big tour)..... I am considering a departure from my smart bulb setup and get a smart switch for a floodlight on my driveway.