What Driver Type for an Aqara Mini Switch?

I am currently using Generic Zigbee switch and I don’t see any data coming from it and I don’t seem to be able to use it. Is there a different Type that I should be using?

If you're referring to the Aqara "button", I can recommend THIS driver by @markus.

@Tarmacsurfer, thanks for the quick reply!

Yes... it's Aqara. I'd mislabeled the device and that's what I was taking as my source of truth. User error.

Is it the Aqara Button? On the device it says "Aqara Wireless Mini Switch", but yes, it's a single button.

Thanks for the different driver. I'll give it a try. I acknowledge the "note" with the drivers that says this isn't officially supported. Fingers crossed.

No problem. All I can say is that I use a couple of them myself, with those drivers.

The main thing to be wary of with Xiaomi sensors and buttons is that they can be temperamental and drop off the hub, you just need to re-pair to connect it again. This all depends on your zigbee mesh and I don't feel qualified to really offer advice, just be aware that there may be issues. On the flip side, all of my hardware has been fine and the price, build quality and battery life of the aqara kit is great. For me. Your mileage may vary.

Best of luck :+1:

Thanks @Tarmacsurfer, you reference Xiaomi buttons in your most recent reply but I have Aqara. Are they both really just from Xiaomi and Aqara's just repackaging or using Xiaomi guts?

I may be running into that 'need to re-pair' or repair my button. It never worked and so I wanted to swap out the driver to see if that made the button usable. I'm not seeing the light on the button light up when I push it and I don't see info in the log showing that I pushed the button. I've removed the device and am repairing it. It's been initializing for ? 10 minutes? I didn't do a 'factory reset' yet on the button. Maybe I need to do that? I did replace the battery but that's not seeming to make a difference. Thanks again. Scott

[edited: scratch that... I aborted the 'initialize' and went to the devices... it seems to be working properly now. Thanks again.]

It's my understanding that Xiaomi is the manufacturer, Aqara and MIJIA are iterations/generations of the hardware.

Glad to hear that you got it working.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.