What driver to use for this motion sensor? (ZX-BS-J11W or TY0202)

This is strange. I don't recall ever having issues with any motion detector with Hubitat.

I'm trying out a new simple detector from Konke, Bond Series devices

• endpointId: 01
  • application: 13
  • inClusters: 0000,0001,0003,0500,0B05,FCC0
  • manufacturer: _TZ3000_4ggd8ezp
  • model: TY0202
  • outClusters: 0019,FCC0
  • softwareBuild: 01-2019120401

I tried Generic Zigbee Motion sensor as well as a bunch of others, even the Konke driver from this thread (which seems to be of a different Konke motion sensor, or at least form factor)

Nothing seems to work (not even getting any events).. And logs show these only...

Or could this device be a dud? Not transmitting events?

Did you hit configure after changing the device type?

No. I didn't know that was required. I thought saving device type is fine. Some device type doesn't even have CONFIGURE button like this:

I tried to change type, and since there's no configure button I hit Refresh and still doesnt work and all I get in the logs are

it's like the device is asleep?

I couldn't find any information on the web for this device, probably it is a new model.

Can you try this driver? Assign it manually and then pair the sensor again to HE. Will the Tuya driver be selected automatically during the re-pair process? Make the pairing close to the hub.

Installed the Tuya Multi Sensor 4 In 1 driver, removed the Bond Motion Sensor, and re-added it

It was detected as "Device" only

Log showed the following:

Then i selected the TUya 4in1 driver and unfortunately it didnt work.. noticed also that when triggering the sensor or even hitting the small reset button it doesn't produce any logs

Can't find any information for this sensor on the Net ... Is it a LIDL motion sensor? Can you post a link to the site where you purchased it?

Please try the Tuya 4 in 1 dev. branch version 1.0.14 ( the link is in the driver thread second post ). Delete the device and pair it again, it must be automatically selected this time.

Alright, went thru the process, and upon adding it again, it was detected properly this time! and it works!!!!

Triggered motion

and here are the events, and logs

Observations:

1. The device doesnt snap back to INACTIVE right away, it waits approx 61 seconds
  2. The LOGS shows when it was active but doesnt show when it went inactive.. does that mean that the device did not transmit the INACTIVE signal and that hubitat just marks it inactive after predefined x seconds?

Anyway, glad this works now and man, you are awesome @kkossev - tnx for ur hard work!

1 Like

Most probably this device 'retrigger time' is 60 seconds ...
Can you post a link to a site where this sensor was purchased?

Most probably yes - some motion sensors do not transmit any 'motion inactive' events to the zigbee hub, for these the software timer in the driver kicks in and resets the motion attribute back to inactive.

I bought it from Alibaba direct from the manufacturer

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.