What device or node is this?

Hello ,

Can someone kindly explain what this device or node is ? Please see attached screenshot and circled text.

Thank you in advance.

The Hub itself

2 Likes

I think that is the hub itself from what I have read on here. I think that is a new thing with the C7 that previous hubs didn't do.

1 Like

Thank you So much both of you @csteele and @neonturbo . I had been searching high and low for past few days what this was and kept thinking maybe it’s a ghost node.

When a ZWave Controller creates a network, it randomizes the Home Network Number and then assigns itself the first Node number... 1. In the case of the C-7, the 700 series chip also reserves Nodes 2-5. Thus the FIRST time you Join a device, the lowest number it can be, is Node 6.

By watching ZNiffer I can see that Nodes 2-5 are able to function in parallel. Thus it would theoretically allow 5 simultaneous conversations. Reality is different. I've seen it use all 5 but never more than 2 at a time.

4 Likes

Thank you again @csteele for a very detailed explanation I appreciate it and others will too when they come searching for this information.