What can HE do that ST can't?

Blockquote

LOL hell no!, my work was all backend system to system integration.

2 Likes

HE is meant to be a home automation hub, not a home controller. You're supposed to setup HE and forget it. Not have to bring up an app to tap on something to get it to work. Be glad they gave you dashboards at all.

3 Likes

To make your point, I donā€™t use the Hubitat mobile app, and have no Dashboards.

4 Likes

Neither do I. That's what home automation is. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Its a very good thing you don't work there or the company would be bankrupt by now with that attitude.

What's a dashboard..., and we have a mobile app?

11 Likes

Itā€™s this thing people use till they get enough sensors :grin:

6 Likes

This thread has gotten a little off topic from the original post. My earlier post in this thread may have precipitated this, if so I apologize. Everyone gave valid contributions and everybody's opinion has merit. @kerrylebel appears to be a new user, and I would like to again welcome them to the community. I for one appreciate Kerry's thoughts and views on the platform as I am sure many others do. The vast majority of people on this forum are great, it sometimes just takes a little while to get used to them, heck I am even warming up to he who shall not be named. LOL

@kerrylebel you started this thread, if at any point you want it closed-off just message a moderator

1 Like

lol, go back and read some of the old original posts. That is exactly what they state the HE is for, home automation, not home control.

2 Likes

Thanks Stephan its all good. Everyone is entitled to their opinions....even if they are wrong. LOL. Regardless, I love my HE and have no intention to switch to ST. I was just curious if anyone had seen a formal side by side comparo. Sounds like that hasn't been done. No big deal. It was just curiosity.

Side note, although I am newer to HE (2 years) I have been doing home automation since my X10 days. I also have used Insteon, an ISY-994 hub, ST and a few others. HE has been my favorite so far but has a long ways to go.

1 Like

I agree. Iā€™ve found using HomeKit through @tonesto7 is the solution. Imo, no matter what Hubitat does, HomeKit ui will always be better.
I donā€™t see a point in h.e investing in a nice ui.

1 Like

The sparse UI probably doesn't scare people off as much as your think. Iwas was a relatively early convert from ST (once they dropped their Windows phone app, I started heading for the exit). Yes, the Hubitat UI is very industrial and utilitarian, and even a bit intimidating at first, however it didn't take me very long at all to adjust and overcome those concerns and become quite comfortable with it. I am definitely NOT they most savvy or sophisticated user most think Habitat is attractive to. I have found I am doing far more, and more advance stuff with Hubitat than I ever considered doing with ST.

1 Like

You might if you owned an android phone? :wink:

2 Likes

Donā€™t you wish that evil on me Ricky Bobby

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.