What are your most used or favorite apps?

Sorry I don't use Android or Google Home devices.

This looks very feature rich on the docs Hubitat® Dashboard | Hubitat Documentation

So how does this integrate with SharpTools dashboard? Or did I misunderstand, and you use these separately for different usecases?

The best app: "Zone Motion Controllers"
Found here:

My favorite app is the one that does the job I need it to do. Could not care less about its popularity.

I use one or the other - both have advantages/disadvanges. 'Hubitat Dashboard' is an app that is fully local whereas SharpTools is web based so relies on the internet.

My main automation work horse is RM.

As others said, Hubitat Package Manager, for sure.

I have Combined Presence, Groups and Scenes, Lock Code Manager, Rachio (sprinklers), and some other apps installed, BUT...

I do almost everything else in webCoRE. Simple rules, complex rules, notifications, timers, dashboard info, whatever. I migrated from Smartthings, so it was an easy transition for me since a lot of my automations were already set up that way.

1 Like

There are a couple common notification methods that HE users use.
Echospeaks
Hubitat phone app push notifications
Email
Pushover

I use email for things I want to know about but aren't important to know immediately. (Low battery notifications). I use pushover for things I want to know about when it happens. (Water leaking) And I'm just starting to experiment with echoSpeaks. (Annoying my children)

2 Likes

There is the community google integration in HPM, just use keyword google. There is also the built in integration. If you're just doing notifications the built in one is fine.

For phone notifications I use pushover because I can prioritize messages. Low priority has one sound, med another, and a klaxon alarm for high... Works out very well.

Posting here because I was just reminded in another post.

I have a Weatherflow Tempest and all my windows have sensors. If it rains etc, it kicks @bertabcd1234 's Device Status Announcer and via phone/tts tells me exactly which window is open.

For me best app is Maker API since I do absolutely everything in Node Red. The only other built-in app I even have installed is the Alexa integration.

1 Like

Usually my favorite app is the one I most recently installed and got working.

Right now my favorite is Holiday Lights.
But I would not have moved on to Holiday Lights if it were not for the Airthings App, Samsung TV app, Room Lighting, Abode integration, etc.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.