What are the odds this will work with a C-8: Hiladuo zigbee shades?

Looking at these roller shades as they are reasonably priced and come in custom sizes. amazon.com/HILADUO-Motorized-Customized-Aluminum-Rechargeable/dp/B09H4W4G9Q

They are compatible with Tuya hubs and Zigbee 3.0. Was going to take the risk and order one. However, given some of the recent C-8 zigbee device issues I'm less confident.

What is your confidence that a tuya zigbee 3.0 compatible roller shade will function with the C-8 Zigbee radio and generic roller shade drivers???

There actually is a mazon.com. :slight_smile:

Corrected the link.
Would appreciate any helpful insights or recommendations from the community on this one.
Prior to the C-8 zigbee issues, I would have considered this a risk but a low-risk.
Now I'm unclear if my risk is high (too high?) with the C-8.

Amazon has a fairly liberal return policy. These blinds are more economical vs others but they are still well over $100 and are customized to fit the window so not sure I can return them if they don't work with the hubitat.

Likely Tuya so @kkossev 's driver would work,...

Just return them "Not as described" Reason: Not compatible with standard zigbee hub.

Yes, these are Tuya : [RELEASE] Zemismart Zigbee Blind Driver - #335 by Locutus

The fact that another user has successfully used Hiladuo roller shades before few months doesn't guarantee that what you will receive will be the same (except the Hiladuo white label), but the chance to work with this custom driver is good.

You can always ignore '3.0 compatible' writings - it doesn't mean anything in regards to whether the manufacturer has used the standard Zigbee Library Clusters specification (which will make it possible to work with HE inbuilt drivers) or not.

OK -- DONE! Ordered.
I noticed in the Q&A section that the manufacturer says they will work with any zigbee 3.0 hub with roller shade functions. ....which is the hubitat C-8.

Will report back in a few weeks after they arrive to let everyone know how it goes.

1 Like

Well to be fair zigbee 3.0 is still compatible with 1.2

New shade arrived, charged it up, and paired it with the C-8.
Pairing seemed to work fine.
I'm using Generic Zigbee Shade driver.
When I issue open or close commands, the event log populates and indicates "opening" or "closing" but shade doesn't do anything :frowning:

@kkossev will have an answer, I bet. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Please post your device 'Data' section details - model and manufacturer, as shown on HE web page. If this is a Tuya based device as suspected, it will not work with the HE standard drivers, but will require a custom one

Install this driver, if not done yet:

Then delete the device ('REMOVE DEVICE' button) and pair it again to HE.
Is the above driver selected automatically during the pairing process as a new device?

BAM! The Zemismart driver worked. I discovered it before seeing this post.
I didn't remove device and reinstall but just changed the driver and all seems to be working just fine now.

THANK YOU!

1 Like

FYI the Hiladuo blinds with Tuya motors continue to work well with the zemismart driver and hubitat after 1-1/2 days. I've decided to keep the inexpensive remote (I think it was under $20) that comes with the blinds and use in-tandem with the hubitat.

Was originally going to use other smart switches in my home to control the blinds -- and may do this in the bedrooms via 5 button pico when I install smart shades in those rooms.

But for now, the hubitat automagically closes and opens the shade in my kitchen after sunset and sunrise respectively, and the remote works well if/when manual intervention is required.

Pointing this out since it wasn't initially obvious to me that the Tuya smart motor in my shade can work with both the zigbee hub and the remote.

1 Like

Ordered 7 more Hiladuo blinds for first floor living/family rooms and my master bedroom.
They're working great!
Have them automated ~sunrise/sunset and using weather + sun position on the blind with southeast facing direction. Not automating sunrise on the bedroom shades since it gets light very early in the Northeast and my wife wouldn't appreciate that.
She loves the ability to put them up and down without getting outta bed. Due to clearances for the motor, etc -- the shades have a larger gap on the sides for inside-frame configurations that leak light in room darkening configs when compared to conventional versions. But the room is still very dark and it's acceptable for us. It's a non-issue for light filtering situations.

I've also programmed some of my inovelli red/blue dimmer buttons for basic multi-tap functions to control shades in the rooms where they reside.

I'm not a google, alexa, nor any voice-monitored/controlled kinda guy so we're not using that.

We really really like these shades in tandem with the hubitat. Highly recommended and current prices for these shades aren't much more than good quality non-smart ones.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.