What Action(s) to set a Dimmer Level = to another Dimmer Level?

Looking for the Action or Actions used to set the dim level of one dimmer or dimmers based on the current dim level of another dimmer.

I'm sure this has been asked and answered but I haven't been able to locate the answer. Feel free to point me to the topic.

I'm thinking we might use Capture and Restore but wanted to ask the forum before heading down the wrong path.

Happy New Year!

Thanks, G

Did You check out the in-built ā€˜mirrorā€™ app?
This may be what you are looking for.

Andy

Thanks Andy. That's what I'm using today but was looking for a little more flexibility and in general just wanted to know how to sync dimmer levels with RM.

Think I found the RM solution or at least on the right track.

• Set Dim Action and then check Track Event Dimmer

This assumes you're using the Dimmer you want to sync the other Dimmers to is used in the Event Trigger.

Hey Joel, Happy New Year!

I'm using your Switch Bindings in a few places. Awesome App!

For my own edification and to solve one issue I wanted to know how to use RM to sync Dimmers. Seems I have that figured out.

I use a lot of Virtual Dimmers to group room lights, zones, etc. For the most part these work fantastic with one exception.

Lets say I want the ability to control the 4 lights in the Family Room as a group. I've created a Virtual Dimmer called Family Room Lights. For the most part this works great with Mirror or Switch Bindings (in the case where I want all the lights to be the same regardless of which device is used) or alternatively using the Groups app.

The issue is when the "Controlling" Dimmer is turn On, the associates Dimmers come On at their Last Dim Level and not the Dim Level of the Controlling Dimmer. In some cases this is fine and may be the prefered approach but in other cases you might want to force the Dimmers to sync their levels. For instance, in the case where someone used the wall switch to dim a light to an unwanted level.

I was able to resolve this using the Track Dim Action. Now when Family Room Lights is turn On, the 4 Family Room Lights not only come on but they also sync their dim levels with Family Room Lights.

One thing to note, I'm also using a custom driver for my Virtual Dimmers which ensures triggers are fired even when the state of the Virtual Dimmer doesn't change. Virtual Dimmer is On and it gets set to On or Level is 25% and it gets set to 25%.

Cheers, Glenn

Interesting case. Cool!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.