Wemo Connect with Wemo devices

Can anyone tell me if there is an issue with Wemo Connect... I am getting sporadic wemo devices going "offline" but they are still available through the Wemo app. The Wemo Connect app displays these devices as "attached" but they are Offline (so they cannot be used by HE).
I have assigned static IP's for the wemo devices in my router.

The only way to make them online is to delete the device in HE and use Wemo Connect to find it again...

is anyone else seeing this behaviour?

1 Like

I have not seen that.

I have seen some wifi devices not route correctly to wemo (wifi 6 with old 2.4 GHz devices like wemo). (for example Eero)

I have to run my Eero in legacy mode, otherwise the wemo devices connectivity becomes intermittent...

I've recently been having a similar problem. When I check the device page for a Wemo switch that isn't working it says it's offline. If I check the WeMo Connect app the IP address for that switch is missing.

However, this problem is new for me (I've had the switches for a couple of years). I was using an older version of the app (and driver) but recently replaced them both with the latest releases. Before that, no problems. The app shows "Last updated: 2021-03-21" (the Wemo Switch driver has the same date). I don't remember how old the previous versions were.

Are you using the same versions? Maybe this is a case of the latest may not be the best.
BTW, I was unable to figure out how to restore the device without deleting the whole app before, but I tried just deleting that particular switch, it worked. At least it's a little less messy then having to deal putting all 14 switches back in Google, Amazon, and fixing all the automations.

Jon

I had the same issue. All offline since roughly April/May of 2022. I finally got around to look at it and I had old version of driver/app. updated to no avail. I had to delete and add them back in then it all worked. However of course that means going through all the rules to fix.

When I have to do something like this I create a virtual device that mimics the dead device, then use the device swap app to swap out all instances of the dead device with the virtual device. Once I replace the dead device with a working one I use device swap to reverse the process. It's a pain but not as much of a pain as fixing all those rules, dashboards, etc.

1 Like

I just got fed up and replaced ALL my wemo's with zigbee devices.... Im done with Wemo.

3 Likes

I have an old 2019 version and it will not even now. It crashes when I try it. Not sure where to get an update to try.