Well my water sensors work

So today I had to go Home Depot as someone of my age is want to do on a Saturday morning. As I'm getting in my truck loaded with todays diy bounty I get an urgent pushover notification across my phone that the water sensor in the main bathroom on the second floor

1 Like

I have had 3 different ones go off in the last 6 months as well. All 3 locations have minor easy to take care of drips that could have turned out bad over time gone un-noticed. Great investment.

2 Likes

Yeah I'm running the Neo Coolcam ones (tuya) for the most part. They're great and they're cheap!

Mine are samsung but I got 20 of them used on ebay for like $60. I strongly dislike said maker but I own a ton of their products.

1 Like

Leak sensors are a terrific investment. I have ~15 of them. 8 of them are really old (Aeotec sensors purchased in 2014). They still trigger the valve to close in less than a second.

I was draining one of my water heaters earlier this week (annual drain to clean out sediment), and triggered the leak sensor in the water heater pan.

And the valve reported as closed within 500 ms.

1 Like

So was it real or false alarm batteries going.

1 Like

Real. Explained in detail in the link.

2 Likes

I have in my TODO list to add a configurable filter for the ’wet’ events- the sensor must stay wet for at least N seconds, before firing the alarm.

Another idea was to be able to configure a ‘testing’ mode - stat/stop it by a custom command, auto return to the default ‘armed’ mode after 15 minutes if the ‘stop test’ command was missed by any reason.

In this test mode, the leakage sensors will send the ‘tested’ value in the event, instead of ‘wet’. This will allow to test all the leakage sensors periodically, without triggering real alarms.

1 Like

I have over 25 of them in the main house. Both zwave and ZigBee. Under every sink, toilet, or appliance that has water valves or connectors of any kind.

I feel they're a great investment as well.

4 Likes

my wife is the testing mode, with her steam cleaner.. she has now learned to stay away from under the bathroom and kitchen sinks.

4 Likes

It was real because my kid was spraying water on the sensor

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.