So this is weird.

I've got TUYA ZB Siren

• endpointId: 01
  • application: 46
  • manufacturer: _TZE200_t1blo2bj
  • model: TS0601

which seems to work perfectly w/ Tuya Smart Siren Zigbee custom driver

I can trigger and play different chimes on it direct from the DEVICE page
but when i RUN actions from a RULE to do the same thing (play chime), it freezes the device and im forced to power cycle it to get it to work again.

Is this a bug with hubitat's way of issuing commands from RULE machine?

here's me demonstrating and reproducing the issue

TO ADD:

• if I set action to beep or sound the alarm, it seems to work fine. only when I play CHIME does this error occur.
1 Like

Hi @tj1 ,

It is more likely to be a bug in the custom driver, I will try to reproduce it and fix it if confirmed.

coolio
and while ur at it just wanted you to know that volume control thru the rule doesnt seem to work with the chimes

My actions are:
Set volume to X
Play Chime #N

the volume stays the same

but doing the same with Alarm or Beep seems to work

PS

• yes RULE ACTION => Play Chimes was working earlier actually, but stopped working and started freezing the device consistently as demonstrated. I've also deleted and recreated the rule to no avail. So i decided to post it here.
1 Like

The problem with the driver is that it does not use the correct default values for the melody volume and duration if these are not specified explicitly in RM.

When "Play Sound" is sent from RM with just the sound number, the driver assumes and sends a wrong duration to the device, which freezes it.

Until I fix this in the next version, you can try to add the second and third parameters in the RM custom action. Use 'Add another paramerer' to specify the (intended to be optional) volume and duration :

P.S. very nice video recorded, BTW! What soft did you use to make it?

3 Likes

awesome man!
The work around works great. And I actually needed that 3rd parameter since, normally, I have to create another action to cancel the alarm after x seconds - and now i dont have to!

Screen Video Recorder;
I actually just use Loom.com
I tried and tested lots of similar services for fast video capture and sharing with custom window settings and post-capture edit (basic cut and trim) ... Loom takes the cake = specially in the ease of use department.

I've used it a lot specially when communicating and explaining things to people.

I 100% recommend it to you. It's worth the subscription.

I will definitely try the screen video recorder. Your short video was extremely useful - I was able to see everything that I needed to understand the problem and track down the reason for it.

I have pushed the fix in the Tuya Smart Siren Zigbee driver ver. 1.1.1 via HPM.

1 Like

Glad to have helped :slight_smile:

i've tested the new driver and it seems to work now thanks!!!

Although I do find setting the time limit and volume useful so specially when using the same siren device for different kinds of alerts. Perhaps in the future we can have those fields added to the default settings UI, that'd be great :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.