weeWX and your weather station(s)

So I have been messing around with weeWX, weewx.com, and I like it. Runs on a PI just fine.

It's pulling data from a Acurite 0203C USB and sends the data to.....

I installed MQTT on a forward facing server to the internet and serve the weather station website via a reverse proxy.

MQTT gives instant updates to the webpage every 2 to 5 seconds.

Take a look Nettleton District Weather Station, Spokane, Washington

I just bought the Ambient Weather WS-2902A Smart WiFi Weather Station from Amazon and will switch out my old Acurite station for this one as soon as it warms up a bit.

I installed weewx about 10 days ago. I have a Davis Vantage Pro 2. I hacked together a cable to connect via USB to my "home server" - an Ubuntu box which also happens to host influxDB and Grafana.

I already had influx and Grafana as I'm using the influxDB app with HE to monitor device history, temperatures, etc.

There is a weewx influx plugin that allows storing the data from the weather station in influx. I'm able to use Grafana to generate charts of my weather data locally. I'm really enjoying this set of tools.

At some point I may install the weewx local weather app on HE so I can get the outside temperature into HE, but I haven't done that yet as I can't figure out what I need it for. :slight_smile:

Have you been on the google group for weewx yet ? Google Groups

A lot of Davis users there that can help you.

BTW I already have the weewx device install in HE and it works just great.... there is one step you have to do to get it working.

Read this [RELEASE] Weewx Weather Driver With External Forecasting

And this [RELEASE] Weewx Weather Driver With External Forecasting

It's all working fine.

I didn't explore the Google group, but in my searches for things like the weewx to influx plugin, I became aware of how large and active the community of weather hobbyists is.

There are a lot of wannabee Meteorologist LOL

I have loved weather my entire life but the AF sold me on computers and networking.