WebOS LG TV Notifications/Control

I tried deleting the apps and drivers and adding them back from scratch. Did not help though but good news in since the latest firmware update on the hub I was able to use the LG discovery app to add the device. Also now I'm able to discover my google homes with the Chromecast app as well. This was not working at all with Unifi for the last 4 months. So made some good progress despite not being able to send icons. Thanks for all your help @asj it's much appreciated sir.

Glad you made some progress regardless. It's really odd, the icon is being sent to the TV, and we have the same OS version. :man_shrugging:

I have a 2nd webos LG tv and I tried yesterday in vain to make it work. Sadly it turns out their $100 webos TV does a lot of things, but not the remote control options. The menu option to allow access is missing, etc.

Maybe when someone else tries it out we can see if works for them and not just me. :confused:

@asj Sounds good I appreciate all your help sir.

I got this loaded up and it seems to be working fine. two questions

Using rule machine how can I send a text string to the device notification field? If this field could show up as a notification device that would be awesome.

Is there a way to load a URL in the web browser? I can launch the browser and the driver sees browser favorites but the URL doesn't load.

@potts.mike It should be a notification device

Yes there's a way...trying to remember how I did it...I'm not back home not until Christmas so I can't test anything for a couple of weeks. Remind me, after then and I can look into it.

1 Like

A friendly reminder,

How can I send toast messages to the tv using rule machine?

@potts.mike It's the same as any notification from RM4, here's a screen shot, does this help?

yep, that works. Not sure how I missed that, sorry for the bother.

@potts.mike All good, sometimes a pic is worth a thousand words, and Hubitat can hide somethings in plain view. :wink:

Hey folks, this is working really well for turning the TV on/off, but is there a way to change the inputs etc via RM4?

I'm after a switch that sets the TV to use HDMI so I can say "Alexa, I want to play on the XBox" or similar and have HE switch the TV to HDMI 1, turn off the main lights, put on the side lights, set the volume on the SONOS to an appropriate mode etc.

@asj Is there a list of Icons from which to choose? I see the status/battey-040 one, but I don't know of any others. Would I be able to use the image from my front doorbell which is a device in HE?

First a big thank you for this, it's great to be able to send notifications to my LG TV.
The issue was that while the "Device Notification" string was working, the "Notification Icon" did not work.
Emboldened (I'm not a programmer), I launched into the driver code! What I found was on line 640:
def base_url = "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pasnox/oxygen-icons-png/master/oxygen/32x32"

I changed it to:
def base_url = "oxygen-icons-png/oxygen/32x32 at master · pasnox/oxygen-icons-png · GitHub"

Now it seems to work correctly. However, I noticed that the icons with long file names don't seem to work, is there some sort of limit on the length of the string? (Like I said, I'm not a programmer).

I wish we had a similar driver for my Samsung TV, it seems it can display water leak warnings, but no user-defined messages that I can find!

Thanks again,
Steve

FWIW, this rule will switch the LG TV to the correct HDMI port (and then reset the switch so it can be called again in future!)

It found my new C1 and it calls the device "LG WebOS TV -" then the IP address. I have only test the channel change ones and they worked. It has 29 actuators and 16 State Variables. Does the mouse driver simulate a mouse connect via the USB port on the TV??

Did you try the "Show Message" command for the Samsung?

Hi guys, I´ve been using this app for more than a year with no problems, but suddenly, a few days ago it stopped working.

Has anyone noticed anythig weird on the behaviour of this app? Maybe an automatic update on the TV Firmware?

My LG TV is plugged via a cable AND WiFi. On my Unifi controller I am able to see both connections, and the TV works perfectly.

But now my WebOS app does not recognize any TV, and both my TV C and TV W devices do not recognize when the TV is on or off (in other words, does not communicate with the TV),

Did I do something wrong? any ideas?

Thanks

Been using for almost a year and a half now no issues apart from a router change which messed up the IP addresses. Check those would be my advice

Still no luck.

When I run the App it simply doesn´t find any TV, when I actually have TWO connections to my LAN.

I´ve tried unplugging the cable to see if maybe the App just finds the Wireless connection, but nothing.

Any ideas? maybe an option on my Unifi configuration made those connections "invisible"?

I´ve deleted both the drivers and the app many times, reinstalling from scratch, with no luck.

All ideas are welcome.