Webcore sms input via reply to sms email

Hello everyone. I'm still getting the feel of Hubitats Webcore integration features.
I tried searching for this, but came up empty. Uggg.... Sorry if I missed something.

I'm using HE webcore app to send an email to my cell phone providers SMS email address feature.
It works great getting status updates, alerts, etc! Some SMS alerts I have triggered to reoccur every 10 minutes (freezer doors, etc).

Is there a way I can reply to an SMS message to the piston that is causing the alert?
For example: "pause" to stop for the moment ,if I'm away from my network?
TIA

You cannot send an email to webcore.

But, if you use something like HomeKit integration, you can create a virtual switch which could be:

• allowEmail
    if the switch is on, your automation can send email
    if the switch if off, your automation does not

Then you can code the piston to only send email if the switch is on.

In homekit, on your phone you can easily change / see this virtual switch setting

There are many variants of this you can consider.

Thanks.
I'm using a virtual switch now, that enables the email to sms process. That requires me to open a dashboard to change its status.
I was hoping there was an easier way.
Coming from ST, I could do it, entering the piston id, a variable id, and its new value, all separated by commas.
It may be a nice feature to add, if possible.

show me what you were doing on ST please

The specific code is gone, but the txt message reply is something like:
{piston id}, {variable}, {value}

Example:
Piston#1, Timer1, 10

In the piston, Timer1 is defined as an integer. Therefore, the value has to be a number.

If Timer1 is defined as a string, then the value could be: start

The piston then treats that as just as if it came from somewhere else.
Timer1 could be a global variable.

So with this version of webcore, the piston id is assigned in the settings. My Verizon "from" field gives a really long, alphanumeric string, and I created a contact entry in my address book for this specific piston.
Hopefully this is clear enough to paint a picture.

This can be done now from a browser.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.