webCoRE for Hubitat Updates

Not sure if this is a bug but when I enable parallelism in a piston and then try and save it, it will go through the normal save but stays in edit mode instead of returning back to the regular view. It appears the changes were saved but if I go back into edit mode it I get the "A Local, Newer, version" prompt. It also appears parallelism is also not working.

@nh.schottfam - I've noticed more register resp: 408 using api-us-d.webcore.co:9247 messages in my hub's logging. Should this have any impact on my webcore setup? I'm not running a local dashboard, and last updated my webcore apps on 11/08.

It appears I have crossed another size limit. I have been writing more pistons and getting rid of a few others but now am getting this error. I have 83 pistons and now must de-select a few (doesn't matter which ones) in order to get a backup. I suspect it is overall size because I have one large piston I can de-select or I can de-select several smaller ones to achieve the same results.

Edited: There are no errors reported in the logs.

Webcore should get its own category here so I don't feel like I'm hijacking someone elses questions...

On that note.. I've been seeing this a lot lately in my piston logs:

Device missing from piston. Loading all from parent

Its usually followed at the end by:

An error occurred while executing the event: 
org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.typehandling.GroovyCastException: 
Cannot cast object 'null' with class 'null' to class 'long'. 
Try 'java.lang.Long' instead

(I reformatted that so it would fit without scrolling sideways)
Without going into to much detail, it seems to happen when I'm addressing a device variable - i.e.
@Bedroom_Lights which might have 3 or 4 different devices in it. 99% of the time I do a common device command (turn on/off) - the other 1%, I've usually been at it too long and wasn't paying attention.

At first I thought it was a nesting problem, where I might have @Bedroom_Lights and @Livingroom_Lights sitting inside @All_Lights etc. (which should work right?), but now I'm not so sure.

It doesn't seem to prevent piston execution, though the error doesn't indicate what/where in the piston this is happening specifically, but guessing that it was a device variable/group problem, I found that if I have anything going on after my command to that variable/group, those bits won't get executed - but if I move them in front, they will. So, its not a show stopper per se, but certainly would seem to defeat the purpose.. Or I borked something (entirely possible - likely even).

I didn't get any hits searching for those errors so if this has been addressed, could someone point me in the right direction?

Quick question. If I setup webcore server locally, does that mean everything it then triggered locally? or does it still go to the cloud? I ask as I read somewhere that the webcore server is the interface only and it still processes to the cloud, but they did not sound very clear so I thought I would ask.

Also where can I find the instructions on how to setup a local webcore server?

Thanks!

The webCoRE server is only used to create/edit/delete pistons. All pistons run locally on the HE hub.

1 Like

agree!

also see

Ok so i know SMS is now gone, and i have twilio setup and have it being used in rule machine. but how do I use it in webcore? I only see options (Send email, notification, push notification, or sms notification. But i don't see where I can select the devices (twilio messaging numbers) so it will send the text.

I need to send a Variable (String) I set up
Send notification: only options are message and during modes
Send Push notification: only options messages, store in messages and only during these modes

What am I missing? Cant do a push notification to my phone or the twilio sms to my phone. would like to know how to do both.

Update:
@nh.schottfam Ok forgot to edit the setting within Hubitat, And now it sends, but how can select what ones. I dont want all my notifications being sent as push and SMS to all phones. How can I select when to use push and send it to particular phones, and other times I want SMS to particular phones.

The way its setup now it seems as if it will sent to all devices setup. I have 3 phones, and 2 SMS setup, I want phone 1 only to get certain messages via push, and phone 2 to get some message via push and others sms and phone 3 I want to get all messages sent to me via push and some sms. (I know its all done under the push notifications, but it would be nice if we could select the devices to send to. Anyway to add this?

you can use a messaging device 'as a device' in webcore, then you get all the options the device exposes. So this has you add the messaging device to webcore, then in webcore

with device

• issue commands to the device (as you would any other device)

The push integration is to help folks if porting applications to not have pistons with push commands fail outright.

1 Like

Where do I add the messaging device? I am under Hubitat/Apps/WebCore/Settings/Device and they are added there.

So in webcore dashboard, I have a Variable that I want to send as a sms to one of the "Messaging devices" how do that? what Action do I use. Can you walk me through it?

We will call the "Twilio Notification" device: "SMS-Albert-Twilio" (Which has been added under settings/device.)

Update: Ok looks like I figured out a way. let me know if there is a cleaner way.
Action:
(Select the twilio Device)
Select "Send device notification" then select variable and the variable name i was using, or select value and enter is the message, or use Expression to mix variables and message.

So if I needed the message to go to 3 different people, I would just select them all at the same time when selecting the device. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the help!

My system seems to have gone haywire. i cannot get access to the dashboard. i was using a local dash run from an RPi but it just says to register an instance when you do nothing shows up no pistons, nothing but my pistons are all working. i tried to disabling the custom endpoints to switch to dashboard.webcore.co, registered an instance and i could see my pistons but click on one and it just hangs with the spinning logo. Now if I try to switch to the hubitat instance i get

"There was a problem loading the dashboard data. The data shown below may be outdated; please log out if this problem persists."

and it drops back to my ST instance. I've updated everything to the latest versions but still no dice.

Is there a way i can Pause the pistons without using the dashboard? i'm wondering if this somehow might have been caused by my Christmas lights piston as it make the hub a little sluggish.

If you go to the APPS section of your hub you can see each of your pistons listed. To the left of each piston app there is a checkbox which will disable the corresponding piston. Note: The display needs to be in the list format in order to see the checkbox's. If you still don't see the checkbox's there is an "X" to the right of the tabs for selecting the display format. Click it and the boxes should be displayed.

1 Like

Thanks for that everyday's a school day ! I've disabled my pistons and its still the same. I'm guessing the next step is to remove the app and reinstall see if that helps

No, I wouldn't do that just yet. The first thing I would do is to run the cached memory cleanup.

Then make sure you haven't just set the custom enpoint to dashboard.webcore.co but actually totally disabled the custom endpoints. Make sure you save all the way back out to the apps page or the settings won't take effect. Once that is done, if you go to dashboard.webcore.co in your browser, it should ask you to register. In the app you can click "register a browser" and it will give you a code. If you have a lot of pistons, it's going to take a while to load them all on the dashboard. So, be patient.

I'm afraid I've tried all that, the first time I registered a new instance on dashboard.webcore.co I could see the pistons but when I clicked on any of them it just hung up with the rotating logo. on rebooting my PC I now cannot access the Hubitat instance I just get the message above and it reverts straight back to my ST instance.

Something is definitely not right I'd like to at least get the backup codes before I remove it so I don't have to redo everything

Please ensure you are running the latest code (for all webcore groovy apps, and if you are running your own webcore server, for the webcore server.)

It would be good to see logs, usually there is some error in the logs when you go into the webcore app and hit 'done' or when you go into a piston. - you may need to turn the logging to full in the webcore app.

Without some logs, it is hard to see what is happening. I have not seen an issue like this myself.

I've just updated everything again to the 9th December versions for all including my local server

nothing has changed its still the same. am i supposed to be looking in the hubitat log? webcore logging is on full

the only thing in there is this every time i hit done in the webcore app

[app:35](http://192.168.2.180/logs#app35)2019-12-09 14:28:49.030 [info](http://192.168.2.180/installedapp/configure/35)Updated ran webCoRE v0.3.110.20191009 HE: v0.3.110.20191209_HE

[app:35](http://192.168.2.180/logs#app35)2019-12-09 14:27:59.345 [info](http://192.168.2.180/installedapp/configure/35)Updated ran webCoRE v0.3.110.20191009 HE: v0.3.110.20191209_HE

Those are not an error, Just showing webcore reacting to your hitting done.

On one of your pistons, have you selected it (from the HE console) and turned logging to full to see if there is anything coming from the piston?

Should only need to do this for 1 or two pistons and try to reproduce your issue.

(As an FYI, to see your backup codes), they are available in HE console -> Apps, the gear icon next to the piston).

Before doing an big changes I do suggest you ensure you saved a backup of your HE system (HE console -> Settings -> Backup and Restore) (this is the HE backup)

ok i changed this one to full logging and hit test in the HE console

this
[app:581](http://192.168.2.180/logs#app581)2019-12-09 15:05:30.527 [error](http://192.168.2.180/installedapp/configure/581)java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 'at' on null object on line 135 (pageRun)

i cannot get to the HE version of the piston but its pretty much this: taken from my ST instance

What are your settings in the webcore app for

all the custom URL settings (please show them all)

You can also go to HE console -> Apps -> webcore and click on the gear next to webcore. (You may want to send this to me as a private message to avoid over sharing your security information)