webCoRE for Hubitat Updates

Not sure if this is related, but I am encountering issues since running an HPM update yesterday. Regretfully, I did not capture an error at the time. I just ran the update again and it seemed to be happy. In reality, though, devices are not loading.

Here are logs from running a Repair and then opening a piston to edit. App 259 is HPM. App 161 is webCoRE. App 553 is the piston that I opened via the webCoRE dashboard. Please let me know if this belongs in a separate thread.

can you show me that global variable in the HE console

HE console -> Settings -> Hub Variables ?

If you can PM me the piston? I get the impression you are using an HE hub variable for device type (looking at the code), or are you using some @@ global?

Also, if you were running further back webCoRE, I suggest reboot your hub and see if that resolves it.

hi still trying to sort out why 1 piston generates
dev:352022-01-24 08:00:40.571 pm warnEcho (v4.1.9.9) | speechCmd Ignored... Device is OFFLINE

and a super simple 1 (press button) to speak works

In the failing case the Echo's are listed in webcore devices list

and in the working case, there is no devices listed

I also dug into the piston structure (I know nothing) and both pistons had the same addresses or whatever near the Speak section

was thinking they'd be diff
Anyways I know I need to get a simpler one that fails but hoping the Device section blank is possibly a clue

Is there a guide or process to getting Webcore back up and running after a hub migration (c-7 to c-7)? I click on the webcore app after migrating and it just spins on this screen. Dashboard.webcore.co shows an error saying the data is out of date. Repair in HPM doesn't seem to solve the problem. Anybody gone through this? Thanks!

Not sure offhand.

In webcore main, have you enabled logging and then gone in and hit done (to see if it has any issues)?

Have you cleared all the security tokens?
webcore main app -> settings -> security - > clear all browser security tokens?

Have you cleared/reset the available devices to webcore?

webcore main app -> settings -> available devices

You can also try staging.webcore.co after that.

New release is out

• Significant reduction in network bandwidth usage for dashboard and IDE
  • Improvements in IDE 'db' loads by separating 'db' update from piston load
  • New warnings in IDE for improper trigger usage/coding
  • UI updates to choose is/are correctly (html, css, js updated)
  • dashboard.webcore.co has rolled out dark mode theme
  • flash/fade and other possibly long running commands have been significantly optimized
    • these commands can cancel via normal tcp rules
  • Many thanks to @ipaterson for UI improvements and db load.

There is a new documentation and tips digest available:

7 Likes

so i updated using HPM and every thing is working just fine, except all my pistons now look like this

i cant edit any piston or create any pistons.

ive tried loging out, hub reboot and clearing browser cache
the webcore app is the same.

any ideas????

what are you using for your dashboard/IDE site?

dashboard.webcore.co, staging.webcore.co, or something local (Did it get updated files)?

Did you clear caches or force re-load the browser?

ive cleared Caches and force re-loaded browers - chrome

ive just tried edge browser and its working....

so issue is with the app and chrome

which site are you using?

I can try to reproduce. I did test chrome myself.

I just did it again, and it works.

Chrome is weird for clearing caches

you have to use the 3 dots on the right (near your name/profile symbol) -> then More tools -> clear browsing data

1 Like

so i just did a reboot of pc after clear cache and everything 3 times on chrome, when i opened chrome it gave a message of browser is now upto date and its all working again in chrome, the app is still not working but im guessing its a cache issue so ill wipe it and try again. i wiped all cache and data from the app and logged back in all working again

thanks for your help

I had the same issue (missing piston statements when editing a piston using my Rpi hosted dashboard). Ironically I was using Edge and only Chrome worked correctly. Hard reloading Edge didn't fix it; I clicked on 'logout' to the left of the dashboard page, then registered a new browser (with a code from the settings page of the WebCoRE app on HE) and logged in to the dash again. That got everything working normally.

1 Like

@nh.schottfam @jp0550
The webcore application automatically updated overnight and now when I visit the dashboard my pistons are missing all of the statements. I had the hard reload error but followed @Tony and resolved that issue. I am hosting the server locally on a RPi. Still missing statements in the pistons. Thoughts?

did you update the files for your local server?

This update did update the UI modules.

Prior to applying this update I did update my RPi's local dashboard files as well... I hadn't done it in a while (over two years).

I have not seen any links with instructions to update the local server. Has someone already posted about it? I did look at the github but all of the files there are old. @Tony how did you update your RPi? Where are the updated files?

Note 2 of this thread discusses local webcore server for html/css/js

it also describes to use the files that are this git repo (for webcore HE). I expect thing not to work if you use other files.

The commands below worked for me to update my local RPi dashboard server; likely they came from the thread that @nh.shottfam refers to. I barely know enough linux to keep my RPi running so anyone that sees anything wrong, feel free to comment/correct.

My webCoRE directory is in the /home/pi directory; the first step should change the current directory to the one where your webCoRE directory is. If you want to back up that directory just in case, the mv command will do it, as in:
mv webCoRE oldwebCoRE

cd ~/
git clone https://github.com/imnotbob/webCoRE
cd webCoRE
git checkout hubitat-patches
cd dashboard
sudo ln -s pwd/var/webcore

1 Like