Webcore Child return parameters

Hi There,

hoping someone can help with this.. I've looked everywhere for documentation and cant find any.

Issue: I want to return a parameter from a Child Piston and I dont know how.

so I have : Execute Piston "Child Piston" with arguments (to-child, from-child);

My child piston uses "to-child' via the args but how do i get "from-child" to be be sent and used by the Parent (calling) Piston ?

Thanks in advance

I don't know that you can return parameters on a call. You may need to use global variables, or have the piston that receives the call to make a call back.

See:

• If you need a larger application, you can use multiple pistons, and have a main piston call the sub-pistons. Again, leave the wait = true on when performing "execute piston"
    • do note:
      • to pass data to a piston, you can use arguments on the piston call, or global variables.
      • to get data returned from a piston execution, global variables are often the best choice.
      • note that a piston can subscribe to a global variable change. (globalvariable changes). This design paradigm can make it easy to not worry about the loading comments below.
        • global variables are "loaded" when a piston starts, and saved when a piston exits, so if:
          • Piston A calls piston B, and B modifies a global variable, piston A will not see the change until the next time piston A executes.
          • Piston A modifies a variable and calls piston B, since A has not exited yet, the change to the global variable is likely not to be seen by B until B runs again after A has exited (and saved changes)

and

Thanks extremely helpful and saved me endless hours of frustration....

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.