Webcore and Send Push Notification

I have recently migrated from Webcore app on my HE8 to the "internal Webcore" in HE8.

I backed up my pistons from app version and restored on my internal version . All is functioning well EXCEPT the Send Push Notification doesnt work anymore. No errors and logs look fine. But no notification message are sent to my phone. The HE8 appears to be sending me notifications for other "non webcore" tasks like Presence - so I know Im receiving notifications from HE8.

Could the 2 instances of webcore cause this issue ? Could the version of webcore in HE8 be different than the app version ?

The Send Push notification now doesnt work on both instances of webcore.

I am obviously guessing at possible causes.. any insight would be appreciated..

Did you select a device in Apps > webCoRE > Settings > Notification device for pushMessage?

By the way, this is necessary only if you want to use the built-in notification function as a "location" command like it worked in SmartThings. It does work, but Hubitat has more options. Notification devices are just regular devices, and you can use them to run commands on in webCoRE, too. Authorize the notification device for use in webCoRE, select it as the device for your action, and choose "Send device notification." This does have the advantage of being able to use different devices in different pistons or even parts of the same piston.

Also, this is a duplicate post. I have removed your other post, per the Community Guidelines.

1 Like

thank you !!!!!! that did it .. you are amazing....

I was at this (embarrassingly) for hours....

1 Like