WebCore and Custom Driver Command

I’m not able to have WebCore ask for the appropriate parameter for a custom command.
For exemple, I have the following command in a driver:

command "EnterMsg", [[name:"Message",type:"STRING", description:"Message to be sent"]]

And when leveraging a device with that driver in WebCore, I get the following screen:

I certainly can select parameter and choose string, but what do I need to do for Webcore to ask me to enter a string parameter?

Thanks,

Also cross posted on the WebCore forum…

Use the Parameters button down below to add stuff to the (..) part of the command. Looks like you'll want to add string parameters. You might need a variable to hold the message so you can use it in an expression later. I'm not a programmer, so this would be a lot of trial and error for me, but this is where I'd start:

Expression:
"name:'Message', type:'STRING', description:'" $variablewithsavedmessage "'"

I don't think you need to make them separate parameters, but I could be wrong.

Thanks for the feedback. For clarity, I have no issues using these custom commands, as I simply add the appropriate parameters. What I’m after is having WebCore ask me to enter the appropriate value(s) for the selected custom command, in the same way it happens for standard commands.

1 Like

Any help on the question above would greatly appreciated. Thank you!

So as to current state,

You can use custom commands with webcore, but you need to fill in the parameters yourself.

I will chat with @ipaterson if there are improvements can be made on this, but it may get complicated that not all devices describe their commands properly.

1 Like

Thanks for the follow up!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.