Weatherflow Tempest - charging & discharging issue

You all had me checking mine and I realized my wind readings were inaccurate. So I checked the history, checked the API response, and discovered my wind (and rain) sensors had not been working for at least a couple weeks.

Reached out to WeatherFlow and they had a replacement device shipped to me within a week (just arrived today). I did not INTEND to determine that my driver works with two separate stations reporting to the hub, but it does. :slight_smile:

The old station is still semi-functional so it is going to sit in a different spot and be a secondary for testing as well as continuing to provide temperature and humidity. I might move it indoors by a window or such since how many different temperature and humidity readings do I need from my yard...

2 Likes

Just to close things out from the perspective of why I started this thread:

Weatherflow sent me a new Tempest, but I haven't installed it yet, for a couple reasons:

1. My Tempest kind of recovered by itself after I cleaned the solar panels with a moist rag.

2. I recalled that I had purchased a power boost accessory from them about 1 year ago. It lets you power a Tempest using 8 x AA batteries or using AC power. I installed the power boost accessory; powering by AC seems to make a big difference.

So, for now, I'm leaving the new Tempest in its box because everything seems to be working as intended using the Power Boost Accessory.

2 Likes

One of the other issues I've seen in their forums is that moisture has been getting inside but at least recently they have fixed this flaw.

2 Likes

That's good to know. My existing sensor seems to be working ok, so I'm leaving it alone for now. I imagine the new sensor they sent me will have a fix for the moisture issue.

2 Likes

You could have both hooked up and get two sets of readings if that is the least bit useful to you.

2 Likes