Weather Underground App/Driver Status

Hi,

I trying to add Weather Underground to my HE hub. I have an account and it was recently working with my (now mothballed) VeraPlus.

I downloaded the mathews driver but I'm lost on what app to use. I see many references to SmartTiles but I understand that software is obsolete and its not distributable.

Also I though in one post @patrick suggested it might be an internal HE app in the future.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks
John

https://github.com/Scottma61/Hubitat/blob/master/Weather-Display%20WU%20Driver

1 Like

Have you tried Adding a Virtual Device and using the "Weather Underground" built-in driver?

Then fill in your Weather Underground information on the Device Details Page.

And finally, use Rule Machine to call the Refresh or Poll method of the device every ~30 minutes to keep the data up to date.

I have been using this for months without any issues.

2 Likes

@ogiewon,

Of course not, that would be to easy :slight_smile:

Just installed the Virtual "WeatherUnderground" device and all works well.

Do you know how to get other attributes on a dashboard tile? Thinking "feels like". Perhaps I'll look at other virtual devices.

Question, do you know what the two string options are under "Get Weather" button?

Many many thanks! You have been particularly patient and helpful over the last months.

Regards
John

1st one is feature name, second is location and is optional

1 Like

Try using the "Attribute" Tile on the Dashboard. For the attribute you want displayed, enter its name exactly as you see shown in the Device Details Page.

Thanks to you both. I have WU running and the dashboard is working :smile:

John

Has the Weather Underground device been removed? I'm not seeing it anymore.

NVM - now seeing WU no longer has an API. :frowning:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.