Weather station

I picked up off Facebook market a weather station model 01602BPDIA1 was wondering if he was compatible with habitat. If so how? If anybody can help me I also don't know where to find the info to set the backlight for night time or if it even has that feature? If it's not possible to set it into habitat let me know?

Not Hubitat compatible.

Okay my other question would be how would I make it compatible? I'm not good with Arduino but I can follow basic instructions like step by step instructions. I'm not good with code either. I figured out the backlight issue it just doesn't work with batteries I guess.

Well, you could sell it on Facebook marketplace and use that money to buy an Ecowitt. That'd probably be a big step in the right direction.

5 Likes

You probably can’t, assuming you’re referring to the weather station made by Acurite with the model # you mentioned above.

Acurite makes weather stations with the capability to integrate with outside systems, but it looks like this model is not one of them.

1 Like

Or a Tempest Weatherflow :wink:

4 Likes

You can’t. It’s a cheap Accurite that is meant to function as a standalone weather station.

If you wanted a Hubitat-compatible weather station, it would have been prudent to check with the community prior to your purchase.

4 Likes

I want to go with the same brand but which models are compatible with habitat I tend to purchase second hand since it's cheaper.

Which brand? There is no Accurite weather station that is compatible with Hubitat.

Ecowitt and Ambient Weather stations can be integrated locally with Hubitat.

There’s a cloud integration for Tempest.

1 Like

Accurite

There is no Accurite station that will work with Hubitat.

This community developed solution exists, but I can’t vouch for its reliability. And even if it is still under active development, it’s a cloud-based integration, so for me that would be a non-starter.

The other brands @aaiyar mentioned are much better options. Most Ecowitt devices are very reasonably priced, even when new.

2 Likes

And there's even cheaper versions made by Misol that work with the Hubitat Ecowitt integration. Details in the link below:

1 Like