Weather App help

Please help me keep my sanity! I need some help on configuring the openweather map for the Joe Page dashboard. Here is my current device set up:

Here is the log:

I have a valid account with Openweather and the API says it is active.

What am I missing? Thanks in advance!

Do you have a version 2.5 or a version 3.0 API key?

Your preferences are set to use v2.5 key, but unless you've had the API key for a few years already, it's more likely a version 3.0 key.

1 Like

I have no idea. Where can I find out the version needed? I'll try 3.0 and see if it fixes it.
Thanks.

1 Like

I have an older key, so I’m not that familiar with the process for using a v. 3.0 api key.

You probably have a 3.0 key, since the device is configured to try to use a 2.5 key based on your log error and configuration settings page. And it’s not working.

You need to enter payment information in the openweather API account page, even if you intend to use the free tier.

And then flip the toggle switch on the Hubitat device page to use the 3.0 API calls.

Since your question is specific to use of a community-developed driver, if you continue to have trouble setting it up, your best bet is to post in the developer’s thread dedicated to the driver. See this post from that thread, for example.

I couldn't find where to enter payment info on the openweather for the free account . Not a very intuitive site.

That may very well be, I’m not familiar with the v. 3.0 API since I’ve had an API key for a few years, prior to that version.

If you search through the thread I linked to (it’s a long thread, use the magnifying glass icon at the top of the page), someone may have explained in more detail how to enter your payment info to get the v 3.0 API key working.

Great. Thank you

1 Like

You may have an API key from OWM, but it is either not a 'One Call By Call' API key, or you did not put in payment information. In either of those cases, this driver will not work. Make sure you have a valid 'One Call By Call' API key. Go here to get a valid 'One Call By Call' API key.

Thanks. It looks like this is not a free plan. Correct?

It’s free if you stay under 1,000 calls per day IIRC. I’m running at about 70-80 daily calls. They need your credit card info in case you happen to exceed the threshold.

1 Like

Thanks guys. All of your suggestions worked. Hopefully my questions have strengthened the knowledge base for the next rookie to get started.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.