Water sensor with no alarm on it?

So i got it, but when it joins my network, it showed up as a button. I can't tell the difference between a press event in the log (which i assume is what is happening when the sensor gets wet):

What am i looking for? Lol

Are you talking about the Xiaomi Leak sensor? If so, you need to install a valid driver for it.
There are several Xiaomi Aqara leak sensor drivers floating around here. Here's an old one, but it works fine. I'm still using it. No problems or errors. No drops at all from the Aqara Leak sensors when joined directly to HE.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/veeceeoh/xiaomi-hubitat/master/devicedrivers/xiaomi-aqara-leak-sensor-hubitat.src/xiaomi-aqara-leak-sensor-hubitat.groovy

1. Save the driver, then go to your device details and switch it to the custom driver you just saved (user drivers are at the bottom of the list).
  2. Save your device again. Most drivers have a Configure button to send the driver parameters to the device. Veeceeoh's drivers didn't, but you can still force the device to work with it.
  3. Pair the device again (don't delete it from the hub). It will re-join with the correct driver in place.
2 Likes

All this worked out perfectly. I needed an IFTTT rule, a conditional rule in rule machine, and a virtual switch,. but it's all working great. Thank you for all your help!

1 Like