Water leak sensors not reporting state changes

HI all, need some urgent help here please as im continue to truggle with my leak sensors. As i've just gone through and tested out all my leak sensors (26 of them), i found that a large chunk of them are not reporting on wet/dry state change at all even though they're connected and are reporting on battery, or temp just fine depending on sensor. About half of the sensors are Leaksmarts and those are actually mostl good, even though, those tend to drop from the mesh fairly regularly. None of my Third Reality water leak sensors (i have 4 in use and 2 more in a box)are reporting state changes between wet and dry, though all are on line and reporting battery levels on refresh just fine. Same goes for the Samsung Smartthings sensors (not Aeotec, these are older, the ones that look like Centralite sensors), half of them or so will not report the state change. As far as Third Reality sensor, i was thinking on maybe replacing leasmarts with them, but now not sure if i want to... All of these been setup per instructions with drivers changed to Generic Zigbee Moisture sensor (no temp). They definitely worked when i first set them up as i always test functionality.
Any thoughts on what to do?
Also i think my zigbee mesh is in good shape at this point, as i did add bunch of repeaters. All of these are being served from the C8 hub, running latest firmware. I also rebooted the hub last night and can see all my zigbee devices have reconnected, but 1. So i tested bunch of sensors again ans still they wont report on wet condition, nothing in logs, however i see it being on line. Please help folks!

Since you changed drivers, the first thing I'd do is run the "Configure" command to see if it helps.

Most Zigbee sensors should be listening for this command, but I'm not sure about Third Reality (some of their services are a bit odd). If that doesn't help, you can reset and re-pair without removing from the hub, then "Configure" will for sure run and you won't have to re-do any apps the decided were used in.

2 Likes

Thank you for your reply, im pretty sure i did run the configure on the third reality ones, when i changed drivers, but will do it again. I actually did reset and re-paired few of the smartthings sensors yesterday and the hub recognized them as an old device and added them with no issues, but still, when tested, the wet condition was not reported.

With one sensor, I might suggest a bad device. With multiple sensors, I'd probably start by taking a look at your Zigbee mesh instead (enough repeaters, avoiding many kinds of smart bulb, etc.).

Or it's possible there's something with a particular model. I see you're getting similar advice in antoehr topic on the same issue. I would suggest consolidating attempts to get help to one place:

2 Likes

Thank you, we're now having a larger conversation in the thread above, so will continue there.