"waking up" a motion sensor for faster operation?

Nice - I like how you use your GE motion switches.

Like @jared.zimmerman the majority of my switches are Lutron Caseta (closets & bathrooms are Zooz). I control my zigbee motion sensors somewhat similarly - such that motion-based lighting is not active in Away mode and dims to a different value in Sleep mode.

I use non-standard Xiaomi motion sensors (which are on a separate Hubitat), and all my automation is done via Node-RED on a separate computer. Even with the delays involved in sending commands over the LAN (or WLAN), I still see motion-based events to occur in 130-180 ms.

1 Like

Hahaha, yes I do...gives you an idea of how long I've been using those though! And with @ogiewon if it ain't broke... Quite honestly...as much as I thought the old RM was kind of weird...I miss it. It was actually easier to do a lot of things. So I'll be keeping these rules around until the HE team tells me I can't.

4 Likes

@jared.zimmerman I am also working on automating my bathroom light and I use Lutron like I think you do. Long story short using "switch" in my motion rule gave me 180ms response from sensor to light. I change the rule to "set dimmer" and it dropped to 90ms. Not why this made an impact, or how your rule is setup, but wanted to pass on my findings.

2 Likes

Just out of curioisity, your "switch" and "set dimmer", are they both in a Rule Machine rule?

Iā€™m using motion lighting, and using the dimmer function.

Which driver are you using for these switches? The ones I have seen have occupancy is a preference and not a command.

2 Likes

Thank you sir! I am using @JasonJoel's driver currently with my motion switch (not dimmer) and may just modify to add these commands to this driver since it has been working quite well for me.

The current version of my driver has those commands as well..

1 Like

Thank you! The old driver has been working well and I havenā€™t thought to check. The other night I was blinded walking into my master closet at 2 AM and thought it would be nice to disable the switch during certain timeframes.

I'd use his...it's the most current and has more than mine does... :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.