Wait for Hubitat iPhone app, or use Life360?

Can the use of life360, presence sensors, and/or presence apps be used for smaller areas. Like walking into a man cave. Granted the man cave is big 700 sqft but still can it trigger actions by walking into a room

Answer is no. It's not meant for room presence. Not to mention there is also a delay.

Thank you for the quick reply. Do you have any suggestions to do individual room presence.

There is no solution for that in HE.

Even outside of HE it is a joke, and doesn't work well. You wither need a dongle on every person at all times (phone, bluetooth, other) - good luck with that, or try to rely on facial recognition that is spotty at BEST.

The best uses of this I have seen use a remote with a button dedicated for each person, or a keypad with code.

Have a look at this post here

Link to Git

I will be trying it out this weekend as it looks promising

Thanks for the mention! I am finding I have very good results using 3 things together:

1. Alexa app (or some other geofencing phone app) for geofencing presence.
  2. My above-mentioned iPhone WiFi presence sensor
  3. Use my Combined Presence app to combine the two for best results.
1 Like

I'm brand new to Hubitat (coming from Wink) and presence was a concern of mine as I previously used my Canary camera system via Wink to trigger home/away actions. I have not yet put it into full production, but I am very excited to see your presence apps as a viable option! I am working to combine Life360 and iPhone presence my combined presence triggers! Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Have a look at Locative.
It's been withdrawn but you can find the app and load it on your phone. (I'm on Android).
In conjunction with the Maker API app I find it to be very responsive and accurate.
Might be worth investigating.
Here's the post that gives all the info.

1 Like

Locative works nicely. I use it.

Just make sure you adjust your range big enough so that its not trying to update the presence when in the "dead zone". Thats where the phone is fighting to stay on the wifi and fails any connections. For me its close to the end of the street. Once I go around the corner all is good . So I updated my zone correctly.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.