Voice control.......Local?

I just migrated from Wink to Hubitat, and in the interest of keeping all things as local as possible - is there a solution for voice control of Hubitat besides Amazon Alexa and/or Google Home? A local solution, specifically? I do love voice control....

Take a search around the forums. There are a few posts on the subject. But no really good solutions at this time in my opinion. Certainly nothing that will approach the effectiveness of Alexa or Google Assistant/Home. One point is the way their devices have just about nailed the resolution of voice audio from across a room without other ambient noises getting in the way. Good luck achieving anything like that with a Raspberry Pi and some local code! Maybe one day but I haven't found anything credible yet that would be practical to deploy.

1 Like

Here's one thread where something similar was discussed.

Thank you, Angus.

Try autovoice. Its local

Speech to text (STT) is very complex and computation heavy in short bursts. That means it is very expensive in $ and developer time. Then some one has to write the integration with Hubitat. The costs are way out of proportion for a single user for a few uses per day.

1 Like