Vista 20p integration - best option?

So I have a Vista 20p with all wired sensors. I would like to set up HSM and get logs and notifications about events like doors opening, arm/disarm, etc. I would also like to integrate these events into rules (when door opens, do this) I’ve read that one option is the Envisalink module and respective driver. There is also AlarmDecoder which seems to be all local. Does anybody have actual experience with either of these (or any other similar system) and how well they integrate with Hubitat? Anything using the cloud is off the table for me. Thanks.

1 Like

I used an AD2Pi connected to an Arduino interfaced with a Vista 20p. The device was viewed as a keypad (address programmed as a keypad). It worked great. I had this setup on ST. I have since switched to a different system.

So what system did you switch to and why? Also, with AD2Pi, could you get notifications of events in Hubiat HSM?

I use an ad2pi as well. Using alarmdecoder-smartthings it integrates perfectly with Hubitat. All sensors appear as devices and report state in real-time.

The sensors act like any other sensors.

That’s great, sounds like AD2Pi is a win. Thanks y’all.

1 Like

Think you could also look at konnected?

I looked at it a while back, the problem is that it is designed to completely replace the existing system. Replacing a dedicated, industry proven, 100% reliable security system like the Vista doesn’t sound like a good idea to me. I believe they more recently also created an integration module that taps into an existing system, but it looks like the cost is per zone, and with 32 zones I would have to spend a fortune to get the same functionality as Envisalink or AlarmDecoder. Thanks for the suggestion though.

You want to take another look then :grin: they have a new module that does exactly what your after.

That's not correct the module does a number of zones would need to look but think it was 6?

I didn’t say each unit can only interface with one zone. I said there was a per-zone cost. Or I guess per 6 zones to be more exact. So for 32 zones, you need 6 devices which brings you well over $500.00. Unlike the EVL and AD which are flat price.

I have nothing against Konnected but their solution doesn’t appeal to me at all.

1 Like

Just throwing this out there: I have a Vista 21ip (functionally identical to the 20p) and I setup an ESP8266 inside my panel with an attached relay. I have it connected and configured to mimic a hardwired keyswitch using @ogiewon's Hubduino code to interface it with Hubitat. I can arm stay, arm away, disarm, and detect the status of the "ready" and "armed" keypad lights as separate virtual contacts. What I don't get is the status of each individual zone. If that were important to me, I think it could be done without too much trouble...

Pretty reliable so far. Very affordable. Lots of fun to hack together and figure out.

1 Like

This sounds super cool. I probably wouldn’t attempt it myself without precise instructions. If I was younger I would totally geek out on this, but nowadays I just want things to work and the kids to get off my lawn. :smiley:

I’m pretty sure there’s a lot of people who would be interested in doing this if it was fully developed. With the cheapest alternative being about $100, pulling off the same functionality with a NodeMCU would be awesome.

I have a Vista 20p system myself and have been using AD2Pi since last year and I also can confirm it works well. Full integration with smoke/co into HSM and full local control.

I know this has been a silent post for 2 months but if anyone decides to go the Konnected route with a Vista panel, Zone 1 does not work with Konnected and I don't believe Konnected is researching a solution. I missed the big bold writing on the Konnected website where it indicated that. I'm pretty mad at myself that I missed that and might have gone a different direction.

I was going to go the Konnected.io route but they kept pushing back the shipment on the new modules so I went with an Envisalink 4 and couldn't be happier. I have a Vista 21ip with two zone expanders on top of using zone doubling. Not to mention the wireless zones. Envisalink picked them all up np. Ended up saving a lot of money and cabinet space too because it just hooks into the 4 red black yellow green wires for communication so I don't need a new board for every 6 zones. Also don't need a keyswitch to arm stay, night, disarm. Now I have 68 devices from my alarm I can automate with.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.