Vision KFR-ZS5101US-5 Vibration Sensor Z-Wave Plus

This is the last of around 75 devices I am migrating from my last system onto Hubitat. It works perfectly in Vera so I know it is not malfunctioning. In Hubitat, I have tried many drivers, the closest to working is the "Generic Z-Wave Acceleration Sensor" which reads battery and tamper correctly in real time but once a vibration is correctly detected it is never cleared. This sensor is important since it indicates when the dogs want to be let outside, so I need to get it working to get my WAF back under control :wink:

I searched around hoping to monkey with the driver but I didn't find it, as I haven't dove correctly into Hubitat drivers yet. How does one get such a device to work?

Some logs are:
2019-09-29 08:40:30.002 pm [info]Sunroom dog bell vibration sensor KFR-ZS5101US-5 acceleration is active
2019-09-29 08:39:21.128 pm [info]Sunroom dog bell vibration sensor KFR-ZS5101US-5 battery is 80%
2019-09-29 08:39:20.973 pm [info]Sunroom dog bell vibration sensor KFR-ZS5101US-5 tamper is clear

fingerprint mfr:"0109", prod:"2003", deviceId:"0307", inClusters:"0x5E,0x22,0x85,0x59,0x80,0x5A,0x7A,0x72,0x71,0x73,0x98,0x86,0x84"

Upon vibration, the log shows
Z-Wave command:NotificationReport(v1AlarmType:2, v1AlarmLevel:255, reserved:0, notificationStatus:255, notificationType:7, event:2, sequence:false, eventParametersLength:0, eventParameter:[])

and the same string is sent a few seconds later with v1AlarmLevel:0 .

Thanks if any ideas!

A quick search of the SmartThings community turned up a handler written by @krlaframboise .
Maybe it could be ported to HE?

Thanks for the pointer in a direction to follow. I’ll dig into it.

I'm also using the Vision ZS5101 sensor, migrating from Domoticz to Hubitat. But unable to find a matching driver for it. I'm using it as a garagedoor sensor (open/close) with a tamper alarm.
I hope the driver from @krlaframboise will do the trick, but it needs to be ported to Hubitat...
Anyone up for it ( I just don't have the skills)? I volunteer for testing

Welcome to the communities.
If you are referring to a device handler from Smartthings, you might want to just try adding the code to HE. They sometimes just work as is. If there is porting to do, it may not be more than replacing some names in the code App and driver porting to Hubitat

The Vision version works fine with the Generic Z-Wave Acceleration Sensor driver so why do you need a custom driver?.

Actually, it doesn't. The Generic Z-Wave Acceleration Sensor driver reports states battery, tamper and acceleration (active/inactive). I put 3 tiles on my dashboard connected to this sensor (garage, door and contact). None of them changed state using this driver.
However, I noticed that changing the driver to Generic Z-Wave Contact Sensor, reporting states battery, tamper and contact (open/closed) did work for all 3 tiles. So this seems to be the correct driver to use. Or am I wrong?

This topic has been about the Vibration Sensor, which can't detect a door opening/closing, so are you talking about a different device?

Yep, I'm talking about the Vision ZS5101. I used it in Domoticz as my garage door sensor (works perfectly by the way), and now porting some of my devices to hubitat.
But anyway, my problem seems to be solved by using the Generic Z-Wave Contact Sensor driver for the Vision ZS5101. Then the reported states are open/close and that seems to work for the tiles in my dashboard.

That model # is for the Vibration Sensor so I have no idea how you're using it on a garage door, but if your device is a contact sensor then the Generic Z-Wave Contact Sensor driver is the one you should be using so it sounds like you're all set.

I was using your SmartThings DH with a Monoprice Shock Detector (PID 15269).

I tried the Hubitat Generic Z-Wave Acceleration Sensor but it's only reporting a battery and tamper capability. Tamper isn't reporting properly, battery appears to work.

I was going to attempt porting your ST DH but before I did was wondering if you knew what the gap might be?

Report the problem with the generic handler and this device to Hubitat...

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.