Virtual Thermostat not updating (Help Please)

Hi everyone,
I have just setup HE for the first time a week ago. It's been a huge learning curve, but enjoyable.

I have setup a Virtual Thermostat, so that I can use it in Google Home. I have a number of motion sensors that also have temperature sensors and have set up the following in Rule Machine:

However, on my dashboard the Virtual Thermostat does not display the result correctly:

I'm sure I'm missing something simple. If anyone could point out my error, it would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
Joe

Did you try turning on the logs for your rule and virtual thermostat? I do this and the only thing I can think of is that there is a type conversion issue.

Thanks for the suggestion.
I turned logging on for all four options, unfortunately it didn't fix the issue.
I also tried the rule with a different temperature sensor, but it also had the same result.

Did any errors show in the logs, what you attached looks like events.

No errors, just results as in the screen shot above.

Above you are showing events, to get to logs go here:

Then you can see something like this in past logs:

OK, I did not know about that, thank you!
You're right there is an error:

Additionally I noticed (Not Installed):
Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 10.11.30 am

Its a Error 500

ok, is the Gentleman sensor using a built in driver? I am thinking there might be a data casting issue

The other thing I have done is set a local rule variable to the value and then use the car to set the thermostat in case of casting issues.

Firstly, thank you for your assistance here.

The driver for the sensor is not a built in driver. I'm using the Xiaomi Temp Humidity sensor Driver that a user has provided.
I have a Hue sensor I could try.

I'm also trying to set a local variable as you suggested. Any idea why I'm unable to see a variable option from the dropdown menu?

I checked and I think you have to create the variable first:

Fantastic, your advice on using a variable worked!
I was then able to set the virtual thermostat to the variable.
Thanks again :slight_smile: :smiley:

1 Like