Virtual thermostat controls physical thermostat

No, these points were not implemented. Still completely unsure what do about them.

why is that? particularly the first feature which you didn't flag any issues with:

As an option you would have to select, yes.

Sorry, I didn't get to looking at this yet. And,I'm not sure these should be options in the app. I just haven't had time to focus on this recently.

fair enough, with 2.2.6 release today it must have been all hands on deck.
my perspective is that with the current 'restrictions' section available, its nearly there and i'm just requesting those restriction modifiers to be added to to enhance the existing options.
e.g. adding the option to revert the controlled thermostat to OperatingMode=off when restrictions are enabled makes a significant difference, as my use case is to stop the A/C unit operating during restricted periods, either due to door/windows left open or because i need to have the whole house hvac automation disabled for other reasons.
multiple RM workarounds to achieve this is config & CPU intensive, nowhere as elegant or easy to configure compared to having it integrated into existing restriction parameters.

OK. This did get done for Thermostat Scheduler, and that feature can be lifted into Thermostat Controller. I'll get to that this week so that it gets into a hot fix release.

1 Like

champion!!!! :superhero:

I would like that alot!
The option to select which temp sensors are used during each period would be fantastic also!
My use case is that during the night, I use only 2 sensors (averaged), then during the morning I use 3 other sensors, then during the day I use all 4 sensors.
Sort of a poor man's zoning......

I am trying to figure out the different controls with thermostat controller and scheduler, and what they do since there is no documentation about these apps, at least I couldn't find any...

I am using a T6 as my stat. Got away from ecobee because of the lousy cloud connectivity issues.
I am using your (Bravenel) sensor averaging app for the temps, but controller has that built in also. Only advantage to using the sensor averaging app is that I can add weight to each sensor and calibrate each one.

Just trying to make sense of the apps...