Virtual Switches and Dual Relays

Glad its working for you. I have always had trouble adding/removing these dual relays. I have found the best way is to remove the gang box switch cover and press the button on the relay 4 times quickly. That seems to work most of the time or at least after a few tries.

I don't have the Monoprice but I find the only way for me with the Vision dual relay is to reset it first by holding the button on the relay and power it up.
I think the vision is very similar to the Monoprice relay.

1 Like

After playing with this more, I see I'm not getting updates and refresh doesn't do anything. Clicking child in or child off in the parent generates an error:

dev:4472018-08-28 00:16:50.846:debugrefresh

dev:4472018-08-28 00:16:43.082:errorjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method split() on null object on line 218 (childOn)

dev:4472018-08-28 00:16:23.973:errorjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method split() on null object on line 218 (childOff)

dev:4472018-08-28 00:15:51.979:debugrefresh

dev:4472018-08-28 00:15:35.693:debugonOffCmd, value: 255, endpoint: 1

Any thoughts on this? Physical switch events seem to register.

That is strange. You should be using the Child on/off buttons at all. These are in the parent device only for use by the child devices. They don't do anything when pressed in the UI. I use only the on/off buttons on the child devices themselves and everything is working fine for me. I wish I could be more help but I’m not much of a programmer.

Did you hit the recreate child devices when you first installed the driver on the device? It should create two devices, one for each relay, that will work independently just like any other switch device.

I did the driver change, the recreate button, all worked except updates, then tried randomly hitting on/off stuff to see if it mattered! :slight_smile:

This is with my Enerwave relay, I still can't get HE to pair my three monoprice relay's. Once I resolve that, we'll see if it's Enerwave specific.

I'm really hating HE's Z-Wave discovery right now. I have at least 5 devices it won't discovery, after forced exclusion, when ST will. First world problems, I know.

Hey @michaelahess, I totally see your frustration with the Monoprice dual relay. I have 3 as well and for me. I have to reset the relay first and not Z-Wave exclusion. You can do this by holding the little button while power up the relay. One of the relay I have to reboot the hub to get it discovered.

Oh yeah, been through that a bunch, reboots, reset button, all of it. I'll play with it more this weekend, see if it'll magically start working. Thanks!

1 Like

I am using this driver for my Fibaro dual relays, and they are working as advertised.

Anyone try this with the Shelly relay switch?

2 Likes

Isn't Shelly switch is WiFi? This is a Z-Wave driver/apps. Low chance it will work.

Ditto.

BTW, the Parent/Child DH above worked perfect for me. Thanks!

Thanks for the work! Maybe the issue with connecting this device is this caveat in the Installation Manual for pairing this beast that initial setup requires less than 3 ft from hub? image

Good point. Unfortunately for a hardwired device like these this is completely unrealistic unless you move your hub around with a long extension cord or something. Quite an oversight by the manufacturer. I haven't tried pairing them that close but maybe it might work better. Hopefully I won't have to do it again anytime soon though.

1 Like

It's built into the ZWave spec.. an oversight by the manufacturer would be NOT to meet the spec and do their own thing.

Thanks for this tip! I did this and also I read it somewhere in the forums that taking power off the device, re-apply power THEN try cycling the switch or the program button four times works as well. Once you see the trick for excluding the inclusion was a snap for me. PID 11990 Manual
07%20PM

1 Like

Hi Guys
Just wanted to let everyone know these drivers work perfectly with TKB Home dual wall switch TZ37.
Thanks @tsviper :slight_smile:

Working on converting my system from Wink and had two of these Vision dual relays. Your driver worked perfectly. Thanks!

1 Like

Hello, New to Hubitat.
I added a Vision dual relay. I used your drivers and it works to turn the light on and off from the child buttons.
However, status is not returned if the physical switch is on or off. How can this be updated so status is changed when the physical switch is changed?

I use the duel relay in an outdoor motion light and use the motion sensor to toggle one of the relays. In Vera this worked fine. Now I can't get that to work.
Thanks for any help.

@jeubanks Curious about what you’re using for the device type for the Vision single relay - I’ve tried a few different drivers but I can’t seem to get it working independent of the physical location of the switch. I’m thinking I might need to program something on the relay but need to find the manual.

EDIT: I found the manual and it was exactly what I suspected - apparently excluding it reset the programming, so I had to program it for a single switch and it works fine now with the Generic Zwave Relay driver.

Wow... necro post. I haven't used the Vision relay for years.