Virtual switch not changing mode

i have 3 modes and three virtual switches: Day, night, and guest. I want to turn day switch on and have mode turn to day, then if i turn night on, have mode turn to night. If I turn quest switch on, turn guest mode on. The switch state toggle on in the status but it doesn't change the state of mode manager from what it was, Can someone help?

Can you post a screenshot of your mode manager setup?

Turn on description text logging for your virtual switches. Make sure your virtual switches are off, and then turn one on that should change the mode.

Post a screenshot of the log.

here is the log it shows mode changes but mode manager does not update.

???

Have you exited Mode Manager by clicking "Done" and then reloaded the Apps page?

Also, the log I meant was not the System Events, but the actual Logs (the clickable link labeled "Logs" that is just below System Events).

i can turn all switches to off, then turn on each one and MM changes. For only the one rotation. If i then click Morning, since morning was still on, it doesn't appear to send a signal to change to morning. somehow I think i have to make turning on one of the virtual switches, turn off the other two, Maybe?

Your virtual switches have an option to "Enable auto off". Make sure that is turned on, such that the switches automatically turn off after the designated time period. Even 500 ms would be sufficient.

The virtual switch turning off will not change the mode.

Hubitat is event driven. A switch turning "on" or "off" is an event. A switch remaining in the state of "on" or "off" is not an event. And in this case, your configuration of Mode Manager is such that it recognizes the event of those virtual switches turning on (the off event is ignored).

1 Like

THAT WORKS! Thanks so much!

1 Like